Vypyr 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 30

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Axe Music

Models so many amps so well it is a must for a musician that requires versatility. The effects, stompbox models, reverb and delay are really excellent, and unless you are really effects intensive in style, there are most things you would want from a pedal board, with nearly as much variety of tone/sound as individual pedals. Performance is excellent and quiet and at 30 watts, it is loud enough for a small bar or hall. Plenty for jamming, praticing or recording.

I've been playing guitar and bass for 30 years, and this amp would have saved me so much time and money when I started. I use the Sanpera I pedal with it in the home studio and jamming, but live the Sanpera II is needed for quick access to controls in live situations. Then is really does surpass many pedal boards.I would recommend this amp to anyone who wanted/needed a modeling amp or was just starting out, and it's bigger brothers if needed. I am absolutely impressed!

This model of Vypyr is solid state digital technology, so it is totally reliable and durable, very suitable for gigging. Mine has not twitched at all since I bought it and is solidly put together. Peavey does make excellent equipment with a definite emphasis on durabiliy.

This amplifier is one of the Vypyr series by Peavey, which won Product of the Year. Rightfully so, as I have used Line 6's before and this amp blows them away. Being a modeling amp, versatility is why it was built and it really models so many good amps well. Features: * 30 watts (rms) * One 12" custom voiced modeling speaker * Four channels * WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) technology * True analog distortion * Tap tempo switch * 24 amp channel models * 11 editable pre-amplifier Stompbox" effects * 11 editable Rack" effects * 12 onboard programmable presets * Up to 400 presets and five FX simultaneously with optional Sanpera II footswitch * 32-bit floating point Sharc processor * Patented TransTube technology * Studio quality headphone out * Chromatic tuner * Onboard looper with optional Sanpera footswitch * MIDI In/Out * MP3/CD/Aux input

motox13ds
    There is an update on Peaveys website to fix the electronic glitches. From what I have read, people say it works great after that. I originally bought a Spider IV 30, but exchanged it for this amp. I love the Vypyr 30 (this was my first guitar and amp), and would recommend it to anyone who wants a large array of sounds.
    motox13ds
    I would like to add, I strongly suggest reading the instructions on this amp. It has more options to make tones darker or clearer by holding buttons down when powering up, this bad boy does a lot of shit!
    MidDrift Dragon
    Everyone, to get rid of the lack of bass problems, you need to create a back made of dense wood where the back is, and there are screws for this, bass problems are solved, and the amp becomes more versatile.