Vypyr 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 30

Purchased from: GAK

I use a very basic strat copy, three single coil pups, on the high gain settings running on one pickup and not on split can get very noisy with this amp. This amp can easily suit many styles of music from jazz and blues, right the way up to out rightmetal.

I play a large variety of music, I brought this amp to help me find my tone and due to its huge variety mentioned earlier it can. I love taking this amp to parties plugging the ipod in and playing along to some tunes, a truly great amp. Overall a great amp for a guitar player who has been playing with a starter set and is looking for his native tone, this amp really does have it all, a step up from this would be moving on to a tube amp.

To date, this amp has worked perfectly from day one, waiting a second for it to boot up and it's ready to play, everytime, since I brought it last christmas. I would happily use this to gig using the output to go direct to a p.a or using the amp on its own in small venues.

I am not sure when this amp was made. It is a 30 watt, solid state amp, it has an aux input for ipods etc and also has an output/headphone socket, these are both Conveniently 3.5mm jacks. This amp has Great versatility, 12 amp models, each with 2 channels (either clean/crunch or crunch/dirty), 12 stompbox effects, and 12 rack effects, this allows for almost any sound to be generated to the player's heart content. The 30 watt has more than enough power and volume to it, it can do practicing easily and can do most small gigs.

Jacobrivers8
    ive got the peavey vypyr 15 and it sounds great so the 30 must be amazing if it can go louder
    GreenDayFan16
    ~Shred Hero~
    GreenDayFan16 wrote: I have the 75 watt and it is the best investment besides my guitar I have made for music. Complete tonal versatility, excellent effects, really loud (always a bonus). My bass end is always good, so I can't see why people would mention that as an issue. I have yet to invest in a pedal, but I plan on getting the Sanpera I. Worth it?
    Yes, with the Sanpera I you can use the expression pedal as a volume pedal, wah pedal, or pitch shifter. You can also switch between channels, turn the delay and stomp-box effects on or off, and use the looper.
    tipofthehat
    I have the 15 watt Vyper, and its got this little LED that keeps a tempo. Would/does anyone ever use that?