Vypyr 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 30

Purchased from: amazon.com

I use a custom bc rich warbeast with an ebony neck and mother-of-pearl inlays with this amp. The truss rod has been adjusted a little bit and a few components have been tweaked. It now truly sounds beastly, thanks to this magical amp. I play all kinds of things, from metal to alternative. The Vypyr 30 suits pretty much anything you can throw at it as far as I (as well as many others) can tell. It's got more variety than you can imagine though it may take you a bit to find what you want. You can just pick random settings and find all kinds of good tones. There is a bit of feedback issues at high volume with heavy distortion but if you turn in down half a notch it should clear it up. This tiny problem is truly compensated for by the variety and depth of the distortion however.

I mostly play metal and some classical. I experiment with a lot of other types of music as well. I've been playing for three years and this amp seems to suit me perfectly. I LLOOOOOOOVVVEEE this amp! I would never give it up and I would beat the crap out whoever stole it (unless Chuck Norris "borrowed" it. He's allowed to lol).

This amp is extremely dependable. I Jam on it for hours with ZERO issues.never had a breakdown and I've never heard of one either. If you were to do a gig, I wouldn's say you HAVE to bring a backup, but a smart guitarist would bring a backup along regardless. Even a practice amp is better than nothing...

Amp was made in 2008 but it feels like it was made in 2028. Peavey isn't kidding when they say how versatile this amp is. There's hundreds of different settings. The stompbox/effect, delay and post-gain knobs even go between levels (3.5, 8.5, etc.). The headphone jack holds up pretty well, though I wish it had two. It's solid state and solid structure, however, some may find it a bit on the heavy side. Also, I don't know if it's unusual or not, but there isn't a back cover (at least not on mine) lastly, it gets f***ing LOUD! It's not the biggest amp but it really packs a punch so you may not want to crank the volume to 13 in a samall quiet place such as your room(yes it gets that loud but it's difficult for human ears to tell the difference between 11 and 13 when close up to it).

MWilliams117
    I've looked at a few reviews of this amp now and I'm seriously thinking about getting it now. I have an Ibanez RG320DXFM and a PRS SE Custom 24 so will these guitars get a good sound from the amp and after reading some of the comments on glitches I'm a bit concerned about the reliability but does the update fix everything? Thanks.
    Imme94
    The update SHOULD fix all of the glitches and such. I personally haven't had any glitches in the 3 or 4 weeks I've had it, so I wouldn't know from experience.