Vypyr 30 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 30

I use a ESP LTD M-400with the dual EMG 81s. Yes I play mostly 70s/80s classic/heavy metal. This amp is perfect for the variety of tones I can get with it. I can go from Judas Priest's 'Sad Wings of Destiny' to 'British Steel' or 'Master of Puppets' in a press of the button. Its not too noisy, the lows are pretty loud. The clean is very nice. You can switch back and forth between distorion and clean channel of the amp model you have it set to, in just a press of the button! Its not digital like the Spiders series at all. The sound actually sounds like the amp its modelling.

Overall, I'm impressed. This can hold any type of tone, for any style of music. I've been playing for 3 years, and this is completely what Iwas looking for. Although, when I first got it, I thought I would use the effects and stompboxes, and, well, I don't use them. I like the presets, and if I got another amp I would miss this one for that. It is hard to create your own tone with this, but this is a great amp to cover songs with. If the amp was stolen, I would definitely get another. This is a great amp even to have when your a pro, because its a small, easy amp to practice with. Loud too!

I have had this amp for a year and a half, and it doesn't have a scratch on it! I would definitely use this without a backup. The amp has frozen up maybe 3 times since I've gotten it. Its an easy fix, turn off, turn back on. I have stood on this amp, and it hasn't budged! This amp is VERY reliable and EXTREMELY durable!

So, this was my first amp other than a starter amp. And it has completely floored me. It has 4 channels, you can switch it with the footswitch (which I don't have). It does have a headphone jack, it doesn't sound that good through it. It does have an audio input, which is great for matching tones with your favorite songs. Thsi has so many features, that I can't even think of anything I'd add. I use it as a bedroom amp, but it can easily play small gigs.

K!d_MeTaL
    I have this amp and its a very good for practice and it is very versatile.
    sl1pk0t001
    I have this amp and i dont understand any of the problems people are having with software issues, i have had this for about a year and it has not had any software hiccups, not even one.