Vypyr 75 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 75

Purchased from: Campbells

I use a Fender SE Strat with hot rails stacked pickups. I usually play gospel so I mainly leave it on clean. But when I want to get dirty there are some nice death tones in there with the chunky bottom and the highs. This amp is really not noisy at all but when you turn it off it makes this really loud boom sound..it gets annoying but I bet its just the speaker. It make alot of sounds such as a Fender deluxe, Fender Twin, Marshall plexi tube, some british amps and of course peaveys classic and jsx on the clean. On the dirty end it has the deisel, rectifire, 505, and some more I can't think of but they all have their unique sound and vibe to it. I mainly use the british amp with chorus. On the effects side you have chorus, flanger, rotary and phaser. All the others suck. And the stompbox side you have tubescreamer, x wild boost, wah which sucks but when you know how to set up sounds really good. And alot more. Good stuff

My overall impression on this amp is if you want a good amp with alot of effects this is the amp to go.. You don't have to worry about pedals thousands of cords and all that junk. Its very nice, if somebody stole it I would go back to the store and buy another one. Out of all the other effects amps this one really outshines the other one especially with my Fender and hot rails. The only thng I recommmend is that if you got the money get the speaker changed to a swamp thang or something that's my only problem with it.

This amp in my opinion is very dependable but also very heavy. But I think peavy could have done a better job with the cheap knobs because it feels like one good bump and they could fall off. But like I said its very heavy and pretty big for a combo amp. This amp has never broken down on me or anything.. It has frozen once on me but all did after that was un plug it and plug it back in, and it never happend again. You could gig with it but I would be cautious of the buttons on it cause they look and feel a lil cheap to me.

Has one channel but 12 amps and 11 stompboxesees and effects. Has the regular headphone jack so you don't need to go out and buy a separate jack. Has all the standard volume mids high and low pre gain and post gain knobs. I mostly use this amp at my church and at other churches when the group goes gigging. It gets super loud i leave the volume on 3 and my guitar on 7 and thats almost too loud.

sinfull14
    does this thing crap out when cranked with distortion or can it handle it