Vypyr 75 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 75

Purchased from: Local music store in India

I use this amp through an Ibanez RG320PG-P1. And as I mentioned earlier, I play bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Joe satriani, steve vai, Gn'R, AC/DC, and black metal like Dimmu borgir and Gorgoroth. It really handle these generes impressively nice. I have only one problem that sometimes it's noisy at very high distortion. But thats not a big problem, just get a Noise gate. This amp can give any kind of souds from childish souds with reverse delay to groundshaking distortions. It has some USELESS effects like MOG, Reverse delay. To talk about the clean tones, it really shines in cleans. The clean tone gets little distorted at high volumes. But thats because of the Blue Marvell speaker. A quick swap to celestions will rectify that problem.

AS I mentioned before, I play Metal, rock, sometimes jazz and blues too. And I need to say that this amp is really versatile for any kind of music. I've been playing for 3 years now. I own an Ibanez RG320PG-P1, a local crappy strat, DigiTech RP-80, Beta-aivin HM-200 distortion. But I rarely use the pedals with this amp. It has everything built-in one will ever need. I just connect my guitar and the optional Sanpera I footswitch and start playing. If this amp were stolen, I would go for the 60 watt Tube version. I really like the versatality the Vypyr offers. I love everything about it. Especially the distortion it gives. I got this amp over a Spider III 75. Just because the quality and versatality of the tones the Vypyr gives. My only wish is if it had a Noise gate featur instead of MOG or Reverse delay. Because the built'in noise gate is not really good. Overall I am quite happy with this amp. And would definately suggest this to anyone who is not struck in a specific genere.

I play in 2 bands and have gigged about 5 times with it and it has never fallen on me. I completely trust this amp and will not hesitate using it without a backup. I have faced problem only once when the fuse blew up. But thats because the voltage fluctuation at my place. I got it repaired in a heartbeat. But I think the knobs are pretty cheap in quality. A little bump will take them off the console. But I really take care of all my equipment. And wont let anything happen to this monster.

I know that I've paid so much for this amp. But its the normal price of this amp in India. This beast was made in 2010. I play Metal and Rock mainly. And I need to say that Vypyrs are really versatile for any genere of music. It has 12 amp models, two channels for each amp model which goes for 24 diffrent tones. 30 seconds of Loop (optional Sanpera Footswitch required) Has stompbox effects like Tubescreamer, X-boost, XRwild, BC chorus and Rack effects like Chorus, Octaver, Tremolo, Slap back, Reverse delay. Has in built delay and reverb. Pre gain control, 3 band equilizer, Post gain control. These 5 knobs doubles as settings knobs for Stompbox/rack effects as well as delay and reverb, a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB output for recording purposes, and an aux-in jack, Master volume knob and Power sponge knob. The knobs seems to be cheap and unreliable. It has plenty of effects and can handle any kind of music quite nicely. It has Analog Distorion which I liked the most over the crappy Line 6's. I purchased this amp over Line 6 Spider III 75. But after I played both of these, I really liked the versatality and the quality of tone which the Vypyr gives. Line 6 sounds a lot digital to me. I wasn't able to save up enough money for the 60watt tube version, so I went for this solid state version and I'm really happy with it. Some features like Looper needs an optional Sanpera I or II footswitch.