Vypyr 75 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 75

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

So I have a Wicked instruments thorn which is a bolt on maple neck rosewood fretboard ash body string thry tune o matic bridge guitar and currently have a sd sh4 jb pickup in it this is my primary guitar which sounds amazing through this amp mind doesn't have the same feel to it as a genuine tube amp but the variety of tones available is amazing as I play litterally any style of music this amp is perfect for practicing or playing live for some people though i would prefer to stick to a tube amp live for the feeling in the performance that and pedals sound better through my tube amp.

I play mostly 80s rock and hair metal as well as classic rock though I do tend to throw in some 90s punk often enough and this amp makes it easy to Switch between all of them with a few turns of a knob so as for ease of use this amp is great. If someone was to steal it I'd chase them down and beet them then take it back but only because thats the way I am I just can't let them better me though I'm not sure if I would seek purchasing it again I might have gone for a lower wattage tube amp instead at this point as I seem to be deviating that direction.

No problems yet though I haven't had it long it seams sturdy enough aside from plastic knobs and facia. This amp appears to be constructed in keeping with Peavey standards and the tolex is soft and good looking amp just wish theyd lose the plastic fascia...

amp made in 2009 12 onboard presets with approximately 24 available effects adjustable paramaters on all effects footswitch available to add easier switching and a few more effects.as well as this aml has a usb record out and software updateable via the midi port with a usb to midi adapter.

slashe50
    I can actually get a pretty awesome djenty tone out of this thing, it's great for that.
    rohanclassic
    My instructor purchased a Line6 spider 75 watt... Sounds really digital compared to my vypyr 75..
    Duker63
    Great Sounding Amp Has extras that dont work Studio Quality USB is anything but if you ven get it to work Patch software Doesnt work Amp has been known to just stop working or be in need of a restart to get any sound out of Peavey Forums will kick you out if you ask for help I guess it annoys them when you bring up things that dont work due to poor engineering