Vypyr 75 review by Peavey

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Peavey: Vypyr 75

Purchased from: The Music Shoppe, Harrison, Ohio

2005 Fender Telecaster American made. It suits all sorts of music which is great for my style. Grunge, indie, country, pop, ambient. The effects rule. Like the octaver, the delay, the tubescream, the O/D stompbox effects. Just wish it came with the looper pedal so I can pretend I'm El Ten Eleven.

Buy it if you can get it for less than $225 bucks. It's worth it then. But don't overpay. And haggle! don't forget to do that! You can save alot of money on an amp that LOOKS awesome but might not be that great. Honestly I wish I could sell it or trade it for an older amp that's not so digital. Like a tube amp with celestion speakers. Yeah baby.

The only complaint I can say is that it broke down the second day I owned it, and then 2 months later it just died again for no reason. I came home from vacation and tried to turn it on. Turns out it blew a fuse which took 3 weeks to fix (not the amp's fault, the dealers). I am skeptical as to when it will crap out again. I hope it doesn't. I'm not overloading too much distortion on top of overdrive so I can't be causing the amp to malfunction. I think it's a software issue or something else.

I bought this amp in March of 2011. I was given a "deal" (so I thought). The price was originally $300. I bought a 2005 Fender Telecaster for $700(originally $800). Other than overpaying for the amp, it's kicka-s. But I think it's because I have a nice guitar too which is also versatile. Versatile guitar, versatile LOUD amp. Good combination. I play all sorts of styles from country to grunge to Indie to metal to hard rock. This amp so far has suited them all. I like the USB ports. My amp came with free recording software and I recorded some riffs and that was cool. The headphone jack is nice too. You can Jam at all hours. But get some good heaphones (30 bucks or more). Don't cheap out or it will sound like crap. Oh, and I still haven't figured out what that power button on the right does. I'm afraid to touch it.

tenstringmike
    Ive read alot of the reviews and I agree with the ones that talk about the amp cutting out on you just like that. I dont remember when I brought the viper but not too far from 2008 and I purchased the sanpera 2 foot pedal. When I hooked up the sanpera it did'nt work and had to take the amp and pedal to my repair man who contacted peavey so he could learn how to repair it. Fine after that for a bit I've taken it live twice and it was fine but it's cutting out again and that's a drag. I read that's it the firmware that needs updating so I'll do that and see what happens cause I love this amp and it's sounds it has to offer. Real loud real loud it can hang with the drummer just fine. I've tired all of the effects and if you have an active imagination you can use any of them just mess with the knobs and be patient. Yes the speaker is bad so upgrade other than that I love it. When I upgrade the firmware I'll get back with all of you and I'm into different kinds of music (pantera to kool-n-the gang to glenn cambell to return to forever to slayer to classical to world music to james brown to that metal show you get the picture) later all
    tenstringmike
    Oh yeah tenstringmike again the 400 effects with the sanpera 2 are crazy, I mean why 400? I like the fact of alot of effects but 400????? It's not like all 400 are different if they were that would be great. Even editing some which also is great still 400???? I can see 100 150 200 yeah but 400??? Oh well It is what it is tenstring out