Vypyr 75 review by Peavey

Peavey: Vypyr 75

Purchased from: Got if from a Facebook sales group

I am a very simple man: I hear absolutely crushing distortion and I smile. This amp is unbelievably loud and powerful for a simple bedroom. About features... This amp has everything I could ever need from what it is... a practice amp. Now, I don't own any pedalboard, so I cannot take advantage of the many features this thing have. However I'm loving the amazing pedal effects included, as well as the famous amps modeling like the 6505. I think I will never change that feature. Ever. It amazing. That's it.

Overall the amp is very powerful for a practice amp. I play 100% metal, from Opeth to Doom:VS, and from Death to Slayer, and this amplifier does its job, and does it really well. I don't even care for "crunchy, rock and roll" tones. The quality of the high gain distortions is really good. I'm not one of those elitists who bash anything that is not tubes. I play a Shecter Damien Elite 7, by the way, and although I have to admit EMGs are a bit "fuzzy" at times, I'm really loving the sound in general.

It bought it from a dude that had it since 2010. You can tell these things are made to last. He even played live with it and carried it constantly. He even put wheels on it for better transportation, and it simply shows no signs of damage of any kind. Let's see now how this bad boy handles a second user's hand. Although I'm not planning on using it for anything other than practice/recording/occasionally band practice at small bars and clubs. I'm really pleased with the amp's construction and materials used in general.

It's a great amp. I think I shouldn't label it as a practice amp. It's way too powerful. Amazing for everything I need. I have it on the lowest power possible and I still can't crank the master volume knob because it will disturb every neighbor close to my house. One thing I could say as a negative aspect is that the footswitch designed for this amp have a really bad reputation and are too expensive for a footswitch. I recommend you getting a Boss pedalboard. Something like a Boss ME-25 is more than enough for a simple metalhead like me. Only time and experience will tell if this amp will be in my bedroom for years.