Windsor Head review by Peavey

Peavey: Windsor Head

Purchased from: Ebay/Guitar Center

I just got the amp today, and I didn't have my own guitar to play through it, which is a PRS Santana SE custom. I did play a Jackson Dinky with hotrail pick-ups in it through the amp today though, and it sounded wonderful. The only complaint I have is for the cleans, but I imagine I'll be able to clean that up when I plug in MY guitar, and Switch it to the neck pick-ups.

This amp is a good compliment to any style of music. It's gorgeous and sophisticated looking, it can pull off any type of sound you would want to play, it's relatively cheap for a half-stack, and very cheap for a tube half-stack, and the thing is just nice to have around. If I lost this amp, I would certainly get another.

Haha, this amp is so very durable, that it isn't even funny. The other guitarist in my band has the same amp, but instead of a slant cab, like mine, he has a straight cab. We went on a tour, and he couldn't go, so we got a replacement guitarist, and I used his amp. Well, one day, when we were getting ready to play, I decided it would be a good idea to take a ride on his cab while I was setting it up. Turns out it was a horrible idea, because I hit a crack in the pavement, that sent me flying. The cab slammed down on it's back, and I was so scared that it wouldn't play, but I plugged in, and it worked perfectly.

The amp has some really, really great features. The only thing that I would change is the addition of a clean channel. Other than that, the amp satisfies all of my needs perfectly. I am in a technical hardcore/progressive band, and I was worried that this amp wouldn't pack enough punch for our music style, and that I would have to water it down with all kinds of footpedals and effects, but I was wrong.

milwaukeerocker
    you can also just use the volume knob on your guitar, i mean, some guy named jimmy page always did that.