G-40V review by Pignose

Pignose: G-40V

Purchased from: Music store

I use my Parker P44 with this and get great bluesy jazzy tones. It sounds great and very warm, but that can be adjusted warm just sounds better and is the ideal for tube amps, it has the classic tube amp tone and sounds great. My pickups are Stinger active humbuckers. My amp does have a slight buzz but not from the speaker, from the tubes maybe, but not too loud and hard to hear. I still have stock tube so that may be it. With volume all the way up and different settings of master volume, contradictory to what the previous review said, is very strong, so much so that certain chords, even bar chords sound iffy. Clean sounds great though, I would recommend replacing the 12AX7 tubes if you like cleaner distortion. This amp performs excellent with pedals especially with wah and Big Muff. Clean is awesome even at high volumes but I recommend a distortion pedal/overdrive/volume pedal to control distortion.

Great amp, probably good for everything but metal (maybe even that haven't tried) I love this amp and it has no problems, sounds best louder though, as with all tube amps. The only thing I wish it had would be a wattage Switch but that's fine. I highly recommend this amp.

I can't say much about this because I have not owned it very long. It seems very sturdy and still has regular tubes, I would trust this amp. On the contrary with any tube amp I would bring a solid state just in case. The case is sturdy and actually doesn't look as ugly as others say, looks kind of Vintage and nice with leather.

My amp was made some time in the 90's. I bought it used with original tubes in the music store. This is a wonderful amp, as the previous owner review said it is great clean. I like to play alot of jazz and funk and classic rock. This is great for that. There are no channels and no headphone jacks. There is however a volume turned up will make distortion and a master volume to turn up the sound. This is fairly simple with bass, treble, mid, presence, master volume, and volume. That is actually a strong suit. I wish it had perhaps a wattage down Switch like some Fender amps that way it would be better to play with people sleeping. I use it in my room but is plenty loud enough and can power a 4x12 and speakers 4ohms and 8ohms. Would be plenty enough for bars or medium outside locations.