AU-15G review by Precision

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat

Purchased from: Steve

My guitar has an H/S/H pickup configuration, this amp is noisy on all five settings. The amp's only good feature is the clean channel, which provides acceptable tone, but the distortion is horrible! I had to buy a pedal, I couldn't stand it anymore! This amp has very little tonal variety, only clean and gain sounds. The clean channel starts to break up at high volumes, but not the type of break up your would expect from a tube amp, this type sounds really crappy and annoying, even at volume 6 or 7. The distortion always sounds flaccid, empty and toneless, no matter what settings you put it on. I'd give it a 4, but the clean tone kind of grew on me, so I'll give it a 6.

I play mostly hard rock and this amp got really freakin' annoying after 6 months of playing on it. Can't complain though. This was a Christmas present and it came along with my first electric guitar, which I love. If it were stolen, I'd get a proper voice mic, since that's what I use it for now anyways. I wish it sounded good!

I would never use this amp at a gig, especially since I have a far superior Marshall which I love. This amp sounds bad, but I don't think it would break easily but who knows? I'm always careful with my stuff.

This amp was (probably) made in 2004. It has two channels, clean and overdrive. Clean channel has master volume and master tone knobs, overdrive channel has drive volume and gain knobs. It has one "in" jack and one "headphone out" jack. It has one 1/8" jack at the back to connect a CD player to, but this doesn't work at all. This amp does not have enough features. I would love it at least to have an EQ, and maybe one or two effects. I have recently gotten another amp, so I use this one as my mic amp. It's really soft, even at volume 10, but I only use it at home.

guitar_amateur
    this amp is pretty good clean, but even the clean blows after 5 minutes and stays blown for at least a couple of days...the overdrive is pretty good when its maxed out, really good, but i would really need to use pedals with this...