EX15FX review by Randall

Randall: EX15FX

Purchased from: An ad on craigslist.org

I use an Epi SG with BurstBucker Pro pups, and the amp is quite versatile with my guitar. You can get a modern clean sound, a classic rock vibe, dirty punk tones, or some decent metal riffage from the settings. The distortion is good, but not great. Like I said before, the effects are okay, with the exception of the chorus. I've never put the volume over 3, everything above that breaks eardrums. The guy I got it from said that anything above 8 could blow the speaker, and I don't plan on experimenting with that. But overall, it has a good, versatile sound.

If you're looking for a really high-end amp and have the money to get it, this is not the amp for you. If you're on a budget or if you're a beginner, this one is a good option. If someone stole it, I would buy it again if I could find it. It beats the pants off more expensive amps my friends have and has plenty of punch. Overall, a good buy.

The amp has a very sturdy casing, so I could probably throw it at a brick wall and still jam with it later. It's definitely loud enough for jam sessions, and it could be used for a gig if plugged into a cab. Since it's solid-state, it needs pretty much zero maintenance, except maybe dusting once in a while.

This amp is fairly straightforward: 15W solid-state, two channels (clean and overdrive), 3-band EQ, 3 built-in effects options (Reverb, Chorus+Reverb, Delay+Reverb)with adjustable reverb, a CD input, line out and headphone jack. For a beginner or anyone else needing a budget practice amp, this is a good choice. I play mostly 80's metal and power metal, and while this amp is not quite up to those standards, it packs enough punch to work with. The effects are good, but the chorus is too overpowered and can ruin your sound. Also there is no way to adjust either the chorus or the delay.