RG100G3 review by Randall

Randall: RG100G3

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I've got an ESP LTD EX-400 with EMG 60/81 pups and this setup is awesome. It's got a great chunky distortion but can do the classic crunch too. I've never been impressed by a clean channel before and this one did it. It fooled me at first into thinking it was all-tube. Even with my bridge 81 cranked, it doesn't distort. And the gain channels are really mean sounding. Perfect for Metallica/Pantera type stuff.

Love this amp. I like to play the metal and this amp is perfect. The low end is really full sounding and the high notes don't get whiny at all. The more I play on this amp, the more I like it. The reverb is pretty useless but I'd never use it anyway. If this amp was lost or stolen, I'd definately look into another Randall. I looked at a Vox Valvetronix 212 but, like I said, I'm not big into effects. If you're looking for straight up face-melting rock, this is the amp.

I've only had it for 4 months or so but there's never been a problem. I'd trust it in a gig. The only issue is the clean boost Switch on the footswitch sometimes doesn't want to work but it sounds great without it. As long as the channel switch works, I'm happy. It's probably just a crack in the wire anyway which would be easy to fix.

This amp features Randall's Valve-Dynamic hybrid technology. 100 watts are going into 2 12" celestion speakers. This amp is loud. I've never had to go higher than 5 or 6 and even with the volume at 1, the walls shake. This amp was really bassy at first so it was really muddy when playing low and fast but I guess it just needed to be "broken in" because now it's got an amazing metal tone. It took me a while to find my favourite tone so that speaks to how versatile it can be. It's got 2 gain and 1 clean channel with a boost. It does have an effects loop with separate knobs for input and output levels but I'm not big into effects so I've never used it (I'll add a comment if it's worth mentioning). It's also got built-in reverb but it's not the greatest.

DustNBones1987
    yeah this was a pretty good review cuz ive been lookin into a line 6 212 and this amp nad this appears to be the one
    blinx4hotdogs
    ya i have to say it is a very good amp ive had it for about a year now and it still sounds awsome