RG100G3 review by Randall

Randall: RG100G3

Purchased from: Friend

I cannot tell the difference between this amp and a full tube amp. I play a lot of Rush, and I used an American Fender Stratocaster with Dimarzio HS-2's. The distortion is excellent on both gain channels. The clean channel sounds awesome also. It doesn't break up at all at high levels. The highest I ever turned this amp up was at 6, with the level only at 3. It is loud!

I've been playing for about 30 years now, and I'm forty right now. I've played my Les Paul and other guitars through this amp, and they all sound great. I thing the best sounding guitar with this amp is my Strat though. If this amp fell out of my window 20 ft to the ground, I would definately buy the same exact one. It sounds, looks, and holds up great!

I would trust this amp on a gig without a backup. The amp is very well put together, and I belive can take whatever you throw at it. The amp is a beast! The tubes I think only cost about $20 for this amp, so it would probably be good to change them every 2 years or so.

The first time I played through this amp, I promised myself that I would never play through another amp again. It has one classic, and one modern gain channel. The reverb is pretty nice. I wish it had just a tiny bit more though. With the 100 Watts of power, and two 12" celestions, this amp blows away any other amp that comes into it's path! This amp is a tube amp (not full tube) and sounds excellent!

madh4ttr
    you can easily get a nice classic rock sound. On gain 1, my les paul with the neck pickup
    bry_bry
    I just got this amp a few days ago its great on clean and overdrive I play a lot of stuff like metallica and it sounds great I think it sounds better than my friends tube marshalls the jcm 4000 the palm mutes sound good and I think its good for varieties
    bry_bry
    Its too bad they are discontinuing these though so if your planning on getting one you should act quick the price was even really lowered at samash when I bough it. It said 599 online I got it for about 380 plus tax
    dfinch10
    I just bought one from Sam Ash yesterday for 450. The distortion channel is godly.
    DaftRocker
    Owned this amp for over a year now and **** is it loud! Clean is crystal, though im not fully convinced on the overdrive channel yet. I can get a great 'classic rock' and 'blues' tone out of it, but I find myself having to use a distortion pedal for the heavier shit. Saying that, hotter pickups may be the answer.
    Amadeus_Wolves
    Had this baby for about 8 months now, and I haven't looked at another amp since. The reverb is pretty dodge, but trust me, you won't care after you get a feel for it's overdrive. All I want is a cab to smash underneath it for some extra grunt and I'll be set for life.