RG100SC review by Randall

Randall: RG100SC

Purchased from: music city,nl

With my amp I am using a Washburn X-12 with two Washburn humbuckers which have pretty good tone, and fairly good sound which I have had for a few years, and also surprisingly good for the money paid. The amp suits my style of playing perfect which is mostly metal or hard rock. The amp gives off a tiny bit of feedback at high volumes distortion but that is mostly due to the cheap pickups on the guitar. The amp has something there for just about everyone. It has an awesome clean channel with clean boost, The dirtiest distortion with gain two, and a classic high gain on gain one. The clean channel is perfect once setup right and is never distorted at times, and there is no words to describe the destructive power and tone of the distortion channels, both gain one and two are awesome.

I play mostly metal and hard rock and this amp is the ultimate metal and hard rock amp. I have been playing about two years now and if my amp was stolen now I would buy it again and kill the person who stole it. I love this amp because it is loud and has the greatest tone I have ever heard. My favorite feature on this amp is the chorus because now there is no need for me to get a chorus pedal. When I was shopping around my eye was first caught by a Crate amp but once I compared them the Randall dominated in all aspects because of 90% closed back which is good for those deadly palm mutes.

I would trust this amp with my life. There is nothing else in my gear that I would trust more than my amp it is built tough and on gigs I would never need to bring a backup.

I believe the amp was made in 2004, it was the G2 series. The RG100SC is perfect for my style of music which is mostly hard rock or metal. The amp has two channels, clean and overdrive. The amp comes with a five button foot switch, channel select, gain, clean boost, reverb and stereo chorus. The amp also has effect loops, a head phone jack and has dual celestion seventy eighty speakers. This amp is perfect for me and is packed with anything I need. I usually use my amp at home or on stage and the amp is perfect. I believe now, after buying this amp I believe now that Randall has taken the lead over Marshall.