RG100SC review by Randall

Randall: RG100SC

Purchased from: tom lees music

I use this amp with a bc rich NJ mocking bird wich has had emg 81/85 pickups or my Dave Mustaine DV8. It fits my style perfectly thrash metal. The amp gets a bit of fuzz when on high gain but thats to be expected. The amp goes from extreme clean to extreme distortion and everything in the middle. It can get difficult semi clean classic rock distortions quite easily. The clean settings never become distorted even when the distortion channel is on full. This distortion can go to insane levels it almost sounds as good as some Mesas.

This is a great amp for any style of music. I've been playing for about 3-4 years the only other amps I own are a 50 watt Marshall and a 15 watt Fender. If the amp were stolen I wouldn't buy another one because I now have a cabinet I would just by a amp head, but if I didn't have a cabinet I would definately buy it again. I love everything about this amp the only downside is that it's quite heavy compared to most other 100 watts. I compared a lot of different amps before I bought it, I looked at models from Marshall, Line 6, Peavey and many others and this was the amp that fit my needs best.

I've used this amp many times without a backup, and its never broken down.

This amp is from the G2 series. It was either made in 2004 or 2005 but I'm not sure wich. This amp is great for any style of music, I mostly play thrash/power metal on it but I've also played tons of classical, blues, and classic rock on it. It comes with a clean channel wich also has a clean boost, and a distortion channel which has a gain 1 and gain 2 (gain 1 being classic gain 2 being modern) It comes with a foot switch which controls the channels the distortions the chorus mode ect. I'm happy with the features this amp has, all you need is the basics. The amps that have all the built in effects never get used. I hooked this amp up to a cabinet and it gives me all the power I will ever need (even though the amp alone can fill most venues). I play on stage quite regularily and its never had any problems.