RG100SC review by Randall

Randall: RG100SC

I use an Ibanez Rg something that is now broken, a Washburn Maverick with stock pickups, and a Gibson Sg and Lp (both standards). It sounds amazing with all of them, the Maverick and Lp sounds being my favorite. They're both really chunky but retain clarity. I play mostly metal and some lighter screamo stuff. It suits me great. It does get a little bit noisey at higher volumes, but I never have to use it at max or even above half so it's not a problem really. This amp can cover Pantera and As I Lay Dying sounds to The Early November, so a very wide range. And simply put, The Distortion is brutal.

I play metal and screamo so this is a good match for me, it has great cleans and brutal distortion. I've been playing about two years so I'm not exactly the greatest player, but I'm a real snob when it comes to how my gear sounds. I own a Washburn Maverick, an Ibanez Rg, a Gibson LP and a Vox 15 watt. The only thing I would have bought over this would have been about 50 times more expensive. I would have bought a Framus Cobra or a Soldano of some sort, but they both have less than spectacular cleans so I'm glad I got this instead. If it were stolen I would hunt the slimey down Who took it and gut him. I love the distortion and the cleans and basicly everything else about this amp. I compared it to a Crate stack, a Framus Cobra (wouldn't have gotten it anyways) and a B-52 SS half stack. I chose this originally for the low price but I quickly found that it was a great product, even if it did smell like ciggarettes from the previous owner.

I've had it for about two years now and I have never had a single problem with it. I would and have used it in a gig with no backup. And I do service it regularly so that's probably why I've never had problems with it. It's not letting me post this because it says that I didn't write in this box so I'm writing more to see if it helps. I've had it for about two years now and I have never had a single problem with it. I would and have used it in a gig with no backup. And I do service it regularly so that's probably why I've never had problems with it.

I believe it is the '02 model that I bought Used, though I do not know for sure. I, personally, love this amp. It has all the distortion I could ever want, and the cleans are beautiful (with a lil bit of verb that is). It has two channels, clean and hi-gain. The hi-gain channel has two subchannels called gain 1 and gain 2. Gain 1 is a classic distortion great for classic rock and blues. Gain 2 is a modern gain great for hard rock to metal and everything in between. And I mean everything. This amp is so loud I can barely turn it past 2 for the master volume before the neighbors start calling the cops and I start drowning out my drummer. Needless to say, this amp has more then enough power for me. It came with a two button footswitch, and built in stereo chorus and reverb. I only really use the reverb and I only use that on the clean channel to give it that ringy sound I like so much.

Coleguertin
    I own this one also although it doesnt do me justice with my Washburn WR150... I need a better guitar I believe.
    HELLSHREDD
    You guys write all this & dont mention if its tube or solid state. I wonder what wouls sound better , the warhead or this?
    Godspeed64
    Is there a head version of this? I have it, but a combo isn't easy to bring around!
    hothot
    I own this amp its the only amp of mine that I don't want to sell.
    AndyVanHalen
    I found this amp in the basement of an old venue... The owner said it had been getting rained on for years due to leakage and probably didn't work, so he let me have it. I brought it home and it fired right up and was amazed at how great it sounded. The two gain channels are thick and beefy, and I love it. The clean also sounds great. The only problem is that I get some unwanted noise at low signal levels, but that is probably due to the water damage. Definitely pick this amp up if you ever see it for cheap.