RG200 review by Randall

Randall: RG200

I'm using a Ibanez RG230FM style guitar and I tell you this combo ROCKS!! If you want a strong in your face palm mutting sound that shacks or ripes at your house or at a gig this amp (or) combination is for you. I was going to get a Marshall but I was convinced to try both and I fell in love with this one. Try one out if you can. You should not be dissapointed.

Heavy metal is about all I play but I know this amp can handle any kind of music you can throw at it with out a doubt. One thing I like about this amp is the back end is probably 80-90% closed in which I think enables me to get that fat palm mute sound I enjoy. If it were stolen, loss,etc.. I would buy another Randall but I go all out and buy the 4x12 cabinet just because I got the money.

Can't say I will have problems with it but I know I should not have to replace the speaker do to it being cranked up at high levels. I play shows a jam with it a 2-3. Not 4-7 like other amps. Unless you got a 4x12 cab than that's a little different compared to a 2x12 combo or a single speaker amp.

I got this brand new model of amp made from Randall and I tell you it's a keeper. It's a Randall RG200, 200 watt guitar amp that has a lot of punch. It's got 2 gains and a clean. No chorus like it's babby sister the RG100SC but I got an multi-effects board anyway so who needs the chorus than. If you want to review this amp on the official Randall web site you might have to wait yet because I haven't seen it on there yet.