RG200 review by Randall

Randall: RG200

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Right now I'm using a standard Fender strat with it. I know a shitty combo but I raised the pickups so it has some scream. It suits all sorts of metal very well and it isnt very noisy unless you turn gain 2 all the way up, then feedback is a problem. If you turn the master volume and level up run. It has a great variety of sounds, clean to insane. The clean channel actually stays pretty clean unless you have the boost on. The distortion is so crazy, like I said, I can play metal on a damn Strat with it.

I play a lot of kinds of rock. It's great for it. I've been playing for 2 years and the only amp that I've liked better than this was a Peavy XXL, but hey, those are awsome. This is great for the money and if I lost it (which would be extremely hard) I would buy it again. If it were stolen I'd get it back. There is only one thing that I do wish it had tubes! But RMS is good too and a good price.

This thing is a tank. It weighs a good 60 pounds. I move it around on my skateboard but that's because I'm lazy. The amp has never broken down and nothing has ever gone wrong with it, it's amazing.

The amp was made in 2004-05. The amp is great for heavy metal espically Pantera. I can play anything from Led Zeppelin to Children Of Bodom. The clean channel is also kick ass. It has 2 channels with 2 gain stages on the overdrive channel and a clean boost on the clean channel which is pretty pointless. It comes with a solid 4 button footswitch. It has independent reverbs and an effects loop, headphone jack, and speaker outs for 4 and 8 ohms. If you like the sound of high gain solid state amps with enough power to blow any drummer away, this is for you.