RG40R review by Randall

Purchased from: Cranbourne Music

I am using an Epiphone S.G with humbuckers. The RG40R suits my music style perfectly. I love belting out a bit of Ramones, NOFX, Green Day, Blink, Sex Pistols and Sum 41. You can use this amp very loud without it distorting. There is not a lot of variety in sounds but the distortion controls are very fun to use. The clean is only just distorted at about 9 or 10. The distortion on this amp is awesome. I wouldn't change a thing about the distortion channels.

This amp is a great match for me because I rarely use a clean channel and I love this amp's distortion. I've been playing for nearly three years. I own a Epiphone Zakk Wylde model, a DigiTech RP50, a Dime Bag Wah, classic wah, MXR Phaser, Krank Distortion and a Behringer UD100 pedal. If this amp was stolen I would definetly by another the same but mabye a little bit bigger. I love every thing about this amp, it's great. There isa nothing I would change about this amp.

I would trust this amp anywhere and I sometimes use it in smaller gigs. This amp is as tough as nails and has never had a problem with it at all. When I use this amp with a Krank distortion with a wah-wah the stereo speaker never distorts and is very clear.

The RG40R has 2 channels (clean & distorted) gain, shape, dist. vol, clean vol, treble, middle, bass and reverb (never used) knobs let you muck around and create and mould a sound of your own. It has an effects loop and headphone jack. Made in 2004. The amp is very light, full of power for it's size, and very versatile. From jazz to heavy metal this amp takes it all in and produces a nice solid sound. I use this amp as a bit of a practice amp and for band practice. The distortions on this amp range from a smooth sustaining distortion to a thick cutting distortion.

Major_Rajor
    i bought this amp as a beginner amp and it was one of the best buys ever. i play a '58 gothic Flying V with it and it gives the best metal tone ive heard. it even battles well with my friends marshall half stack... If ur beginning playing guitar and u love to piss off ur neighbours you should buy this amp.
    Chiefwiddler
    Neo classical shred stuff!!! What a description of Malmsteen! I prefer aimless fret masturbation, but each to their own I suppose!
    DonW117
    This amp was my first decent one, I've had it for a year and there's no chance I'm replacing it until I hit the big gigs. I've noticed though, particularly if you're using a powerboard (powerboards are bad, use the powerpoint at the wall when possible), it tends to make "popping" noises every so often, and obviously technical difficulties are no fun at 10 volume. Overall, a great amp, great for any type of metal music, Pantera to Suicide Silence. Recommended for wallet-friendly shredding.