RG50TC review by Randall

Randall: RG50TC

I use my Dean From Hell with a Bill Lawrence in the bridge & a Dean pickup in the neck, the RG-50TC is perfect for the kind of music I play. It's a full tube amp, so you get all the benefits of having tubes, & damn they sound good. The distortion is br00tal, I have it at 8 for my metalcore needs, but you can crank it all the way for those death metal tones. The clean channel is pretty good, but not the best ever, as long as you don't play loads of cleans, this amp is the perfect metal weapon.

This is one of the best amps I've ever played, it doesn't break the budget, & it's just the right if you don't have much space. It may be small, but it's packed with tone & distortion. The only downside is the clean channel becoming distorted when it's cranked above 5. I've played through many amps, my three favourites have to be the Peavey 5150, Marshall JCM900 & the Randall RG-50 TC.

I transport my gear around allot, & my RG-50 TC has never had any problems, it's been dropped once, fallen over in the can plenty of times, but it still sounds as good as it did when I first bought it. It's a solid amplifier, you could tour the world with this amp & it wouldn't let you down.

It's can be played at bedroom levels, or you can crank it & it'll easily hope with most gigs. It has heaps of distortion & great tone. I play metal & metalcore mainly, you have to crank it to get the most out of it, but once you've broke that barrier, the RG-50 TC is one of the best 50 watt combo's I've ever played. It features two channels, overdrive & clean. The overdrive controls are gain 1, gain 2, bass, middle, treble & level, the clean channel controls are level boost, bass, middle & treble. It has spring reverb & a master volume knob. You can really have that all tube tone without burning a whole in your pocket.

Pingis_Or_Death
    HELLSHREDD wrote: I bought the new line6 spidervalve 40 watt combo all tube amp & im sure that pound 4 pound the line6 will make any bedroom metalhead much happier than most combo amps with settings CLEAN, TWANG, BLUES , CRUNCH, METAL & INSANE, also i like to add that there are 2 settings for each channel & over 400 presets built in. I into Metallica , Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura & i never use the INSANE channel cuz its more for the new metal & its fricken insane, go try it out & make sure to come back & thank me K.....
    Stop advertising please. I'm gonna get this amp for my birthday, yay.
    higglor
    I heard that this amp rattles and flubs out on the low end at high volumes in an article on guitar player . com Would it be loud enough for gigs without being turned up all the way?
    YngwieJnr
    well 50 watts tube is around 125 watts SS ive played in a hall of around 100 and i only turned the 120 watt amp up around 6 o clock. So im guessing 50 watts tube is enough. I havent got this amp yet though looks good Also the line 6 is too digitally for me and its 100 pounds more expensive.
    ReefTECK
    I just bought a brand new RG50TC at an auction from a store that was going out of business for 250 bucks! Totally brutal! Love it!
    WantzChas
    This thing has got clean like you can't imagine. I didn't compare it to Fender but for a hi gain amp the cleans is ****ing awesome. Bought it today. Very nice overdrive tone aswell. This is not just an all out angry destroy the world distortion amp.
    HELLSHREDD