RG75 review by Randall

Randall: RG75

Purchased from: Bavas Music

Using an ESP M-50 and though the guitar isnt really that great, the setup sounds pretty hardcore especially for metal. It can pull off punk with some adjusting of settings but mainly this things made for metal and it does a pretty damn good job of it. Only one problem I could think of is that theres a hell lot of bass (not just because of the 70% closed back) some people like it I personally find it kind of annoying when even at low volumes it's going through the house.

For metal this is a perfect match for me, if it was stolen I would buy it again because it's definately the best in its price range, but if I could I would save up a little more and go for a tube amp because they last forever. I compared it to the Marshall MG100DFX and I gotta admit it was pretty crappy especially for its price 850 dollars, lots of features but crappy overdrive, pretty crappy effects and thats about it. Summing it all up if your looking for a cheap good quality amp with a lot of power then the Randall RG75 is definately something you should try out for yourself.

I've owned it for over a year and I've never had any problems with it so yeah it's pretty reliable, I'd perform with it without a backup providing that its a small gig, remember its 75W but can sound shitty at real high volumes.

Amp is pretty versatile but I wouldn't use it for any classic rock or blues really its made more for hard rock and metal. Clean channel is nice overdrive channel is hardcore, lots of bass for metal palm muting and like the other dude said the overdrive is seriously awesome. Reverb is nice on clean and makes your solo's sing on overdrive. I use it for practice at home but I'd use it to perform a small gig its so mad. There's a vintage overdrive for less gain supposedly for classic rock but I don't find myself using it a lot.

grey03mach1
    I agree with everything posted above. I've had mine for about a year now with no problems. The bass is a little excessive but I just turn it down and crank up the treble. For the money, you can't beat this little SOB.
    KingGohma
    An RG75, full modern overdrive; plus the Boss Metal Zone, you get an almost perfect Dimebag tone. Figures; seeing as old Dime did use an RG100 stack.
    hoba
    Peavey valveking 112 50watt or this randall? I mostly play metal, the hardcore stuff. What do you think?They both cost approx the same. Any advice would be helpful.
    aceforce
    i use a rg75g3... people say it sound great but not in my ears? i have emg81's is that why?
    Banti
    I'm also using a RG75 G3, love the 2nd gain channel, but I is it me or does the 1st gain sound almost the same just in a lower volume? when I crank them both up to 10, the only difference I can hear is more bass in 2nd Gain and a bit lower volume in 1st gain.
    Travis^Co
    To Banti, the only way the first and second gain should sound the same is if you have your contour turned to 10. Gain 1 is Vintage, Gain 2 is a very deep modern tone..but if you use the contour knob it changes Gain 2 to sound more like Gain 1.
    Banti
    @ Travis^Co , The contour knob also changes the sound of Gain 1 (at least, mine does)
    Moony_L
    I approve of this. Best amp you will get in this price range, PERIOD. Mine sounds better than my bandmate who uses a Line6 POD and a Spider amp. Only con: too much bass... WAY TOO MUCH! I turn my bass knob to 2 and it's still to much. :/