RG75D/G2 review by Randall

Randall: RG75D/G2

I'm using an SG on it and the sounds amazing even for my beat up old guitar. This is really heavy on the palm mutes but really light on the clean channel. The built in effects that come in it are handy for the clean and overdrive channels. Even the useless effects (hall, and room) have there own unique touch to them. This amp could be used anywhere as there is a jack to connect it up to another amp etc. I haven't cranked it up to the highest volume yet because I've got complaints from the neighbours about my previous amp being loud, and it was only a 25 watt amp.

This is a perfect match. The only thing that this amp hasn't done is make me breakfast in the morning, but find me an amp that can. I compared this to a Vox something that was $200 more, it was an amazing amp, but it lacked something that this one has plenty of, presence. This amp gets you noticed and is brutal to the last breath.

Never broken down (cause it's Brand New) however if this amp would brake down I would be extremely surprised, cause my guitar broke before it, the second day I had it. Couldn't get enough of this amp from the moment I got it home. The house quaked with it only on 5 and that was the end of my doubts, the amp would destroy my house and still live.

This amp is from the G2 series of Randall amps, which are being replaced by the G3 series. I presume that it was made in 2005-2006 but I'm not sure. It has 2 channels (clean and overdrive) and the overdrive has 2 gains old gain (English rock) and new gain used for more American and newer metal. These don't seem to different when cranked right up to full but when you play around with it you can get a lot of sounds.

Renka
    This is the amp I am currently using, and it's TIIIGHT! Great gain and bass response, and the effects are really good (several kinds of reverd, there's delay, chorus, flange and combinations of all the above). The only reason I'm looking for a new one is the power; I could use some more mustard sauce.
    jumpmanhat
    i have the 200 watt version with without any effects (a good thing) and its really good, especially loud and live! theres videos of me using it here www.myspace.com/masqueradeofsilence good sound quality too
    ninjacrow
    yea the only bad thing with it is that its only 75 watt, but the response and everything is spot on, even for the delay which is great