RG75D/G2 review by Randall

Randall: RG75D/G2

Purchased from: Buckley's Music

I'm currently using an Epiphone Les Paul Special II (dual humbuckers) and I sometimes play an unknown model of B.C. Rich through it (S/H configuration). This is the best amp I have ever played! Suits any musical style you can throw at it and takes it asking "That all you got?" I play pretty much everything, ranging from blues to rock to heavy metal to thrash metal and a little bit of grunge. The only time it tends to get noisy is when you throw the volume on everything full blast, but you don't need to. It has plenty of volume at only a five or a six. I have never turned it above that. Clean channel is sweet and it stays clean no matter what you do, except if you throw a distortion pedal on it obviously. The distortion is the best distortion I have ever played. It can sound like a Marshall but without the typical Marshall scoop in the middle. Your settings are your settings and they stay that way.

I play a variety of styles, as stated above. This is the best amp I have ever played in my life and I'll never change amps for the world. I plan on buying my own as soon as I can get a job and afford one. I've been playing for three years and I've been using the gear as stated above. Never had to ask a thing. Best amp of all time! If this amp were stolen, I'd find the moron that stole it and beat the crap outta him, then take my amp back... but if I had to buy it, I would do it in a heartbeat! I love the whole amp. My only complaints are minor ones, the highs on the clean channel could be a little better at lower volumes (I usually fix that with the boost Switch anyhow, so it's all good) and I hate how heavy this thing is! Compared to Marshalls in the same power wattage area, but this blew them all away. I chose this because a) the school loaned it to me and b) has a better tone, sound and built in effects (16 of them). The only thing I wish it had was a lower price tag. From Buckley's Music, it's at least 500 bones. That's pretty expensive for a working guitar player!

I have done plenty of gigs at my church with this awesome amp and got killer results using only my guitar and a Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah pedal from time to time. I will be taking it to a coffee house in a few weeks time. I'll comment on the performance after. Never had any problems with it. Solid state amp that has a tube sound? Can't beat that!

This amp can cover pretty much any style of music you throw at it. I've played blues, rock, funk, metal and thrash through this amp and it sounds freaking sweet! It has two channels: gain (with high gain and classic gain (gain 2 and gain 1 respectively)). Comes with a foot switch for channel switching, a clean boost and a Switch for the built in effects. Also has an outboard effect loop for racks and that kinda stuff. I mainly use the line out to patch the amp into my church's PA system for a better sound quality. Has a headphone jack but I rarely use it. No point really.