RG75DG3 review by Randall

Randall: RG75DG3

Purchased from: West End Rock Shop

I play it with a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus (awesome guitar). On overdrive 1 it's got that classic hard metal sound and then you hit overdrive 2 and it's got that great newer metal/rock sound. It has some of the best distortions that I have ever heard on this size of an amp. Clean is amazing it is just a great sounding clean amp as well. This amp is super loud, it has a closed back and each distortion and clean each have a volume knob and then there is a main master volume.

Overall I just can't say enough good things about this amp. I looked and looked and looked for a small practice/gig amp and finally was pointed in the direction of Randall. I compared it to many other amps and this one just can't be beat, especially for the price. If it was ever stolen I would definately get another one. So my advice to you is to buy this amp!

I haven't had this amp very long but when I bought it and it was shipped to me, it has a hum that is a bit louder then normal but you don't notice at all when your playing. From what I can tell though it is built like a tank and I would never worry about this breaking down.

I love this amp. I use it as a practice amp and for small gigs as my Marshall TSL gets to be a lot to haul. I play metal, rock, classic rock and blues. I also play into other genres but those are my main. This amp kicks butt for what I do. This amp is a hybrid 75w tube/mosfet power amp. It features a single 12" celestion speaker; effects loop; line out; 16 digital effects (the only thing I wish it had was a tap tempo like on a Line 6 for delay); clean controls and distortion controls; it has clean, overdrive 1 and overdrive 2, and it's all footswitchable.