RG75DG3 review by Randall

Randall: RG75DG3

Purchased from: Tonika, Groningen

I have a pretty cheap guitar, a Peavey Predator. I'm still quite happy with it, but I'm quite sure the amp is better than this guitar. In the guitar shop where I bought this amp, I had been testing amps for more than an hour, when I reached the Randall things changed. I noticed this Randall has a Very good clean sound. A perfect basis for my Boss ME-50.I love playing metal, but also acoustic stuff. Bands like Opeth and Black Sabbath are my favorites. This amp is really great for playing stuff like that. But there are some things that suck. The bass is often way to extensive. You really have to turn that down and crank up the treble. It's just a thing you need to know, once you've done that the sound of the amplifier is great in my opinion. On a high volume the overdrive can be a little noisy too.

Although I had some problems with it, I think this amp is great. The amp is perfect for the kind of music I play. If the amp broke down, I probably would buy a new one, but I do not have the money at the moment. Before this amp I had a small 15 watt Peavey practice amp, compared to that this amp rules. The bass can be annoying, but once you've turned that down everything is fine. I've been playing for 5 years, so it was time for a new amp. The weight of this Randall is about 20 kg, kind of heavy to carry around. Please comment on this review, I know my English sucks and if you have any questions, please comment.

Randall is known as a reliable brand. I would love to believe that but my amp has 2 problems. Problem 1: 20 seconds after I have turned on my amp, a buzzing sounds comes up. I don't know if it's normal for this amp or not, but I think it's quite loud. It doesn't matter if there is a cable attached to the amp, and when master level is at 0 the buzzing simply continues. If you have this amp please comment me about this! The second problem is that the amp sometimes stops working. After playing for like half an hour, the volume is gone or very soft. So I have to get back to the shop with this amp. It's a strange problem.

I recently bought the Randall RG75G3. It is the third in the RG series, very new. The RG75 doesn't have any special effects, just a clean and an overdrive channel. But the amp has 17 knobs to adapt your sound with. You can edit the amount of volume, reverb, gain, contour, middle, treble, bass. Within the overdrive channel you can choose between gain 1 and gain 2. Gain 1 has a very '60 rock sound, while gain 2 is more suitable for hard rock and metal. There is one '12 inch Celestion speaker in this amp, and with its 75 watt this amp can be pretty loud! There is an input for a foot Switch and there are some more holes for stuff like cabinets. For me it has enough features, because I wanted to have an amp with an overall good sound. I have the Boss ME-50, so the amp didn't to have any effects. I'm happy with the features, but it really depends on what you are searching for.

Metalwilli
    I have the model without digital effects, and it think it sounds great! well it's true that the bass is so strong but it makes the sound more dynamic