RG75DG3 review by Randall

Randall: RG75DG3

Price paid: A$ 1200

Purchased from: Sight & Sound

I'm using an LTD M-50 and it is perfect for metal, grunge, rock etc. In the Distortion Department it rocks so does the clean channel. it's very noisy but the downside is that it has a cut off Switch which wrecks the fun. The clean can get a little distorted at high levels but it can be pretty loud when it's clean! The Distortion is suited for anything distorted. if you go to loud though it sounds pretty crap.

As I have said many times it's perfect for grunge, metal, rock etc but I wouldn't suggest it for blues unless you can tweak the distortion well. I've been playing guitar for 2 years and I own, a Silvertone smart III's 10watt amp which I practically no longer use because of my new Randall! I have a Monterey MA30GR 30watt practice amp which I mainly use when I have to travel to my friends house to practice because the Randall can fit in our car. I have a MG S4 micro Marshall amp which I use for nightime practice and busking. I don't like the auto cut off and the fact that when the reverb is turned up but it isnt on the effect of reverb still appears. The thing that got me to buy it was that the RG75R didn't sound right for some reason and that the Marshall 75 (I don't know the exact model) was crappy. I know it was an MG though. I love the fact that it's the perfect amp for anything metal, rock, grunge and what ever comes along the lines of that. I wish it didn't have the bloody auto cut out! I need things loud! If my Randall got stolen I'd Rush out and by another one the very same day!

I can take this amp to a gig without having to take a back up or borrow another bands amp which can be pretty embarrasing according to one of my band mates. I haven't wrecked it yet as I have only had it for a month but if it died all of a sudden I'd go out and bury it and buy another one! it's the best amp I've had so far and I have had 3 amps before it!

This is another great amp from Randall. I own the RG75 G3 with reverb and it sound sweet. I has a single Celestion 70 80 speaker and it is a hybrid amp. It has a tube driven circuit giving it a nice clean sound while when clicked into overdrive a metal machine. I play Grunge, Metal, Classic and Modern rock and punk. I think the amp is fine without the built in effects becuase you can only use 1 effect at a time anyway. It has plenty of power but whn you reach a certain level of sound the safety cut out takes effect which is a good thing as you don't want to wreck the speaker. I use this amp as my gigging amp and as my practice amp is does the job pretty well! It has 3 channels, Classic Rock, Modern Metal and Clean. It has a 4 way footswitch which has a channel selector, a gain selector for changing in between distortion channels, a clean boost channel and an effects button for turning your effects/reverb on and off.

CFH9983
    It was an awesome amp when I first got it but now im have problems with it...when I have the gain past 7 it makes a horrible buzzing sound when hitting notes and then on the clean channel with the on-board effects on you can hear distortion coming through in the background but only with the effects on.
    justinb904
    I might be getting one of these for practice and small gigs doing thrash/death/-core type stuff. The tube/mosfet power section is definitely a selling point along with it's simplicity, but I'm not 100% sure about it yet. Great looking amp for $280 though.
    iceberg
    i just got one of these rg75g3 amps, $275 USD...i think alot of people feel like if it's not a half stack with a 300watt head, it sucks. boy are they mistaken!! i have owned mesa dual rectifier half stack, randall rm100 have stack, randall kh120 half stack-considering the amount of money these stacks tied up-they are NOT WORTH IT!! i play mostly metal and some clean melodic type of stuff with a jackson dkmgt emg 81/85's. this randall combo amp is ****ing sick!!! not even considering the price, just in general, it is sick!!! i've been playing guitar for 17 years, and have never been this satisfied!! it is a bit noisy on the overdrive side, but i threw an isp decimator g string pedal on it, and wah-lah!! silence...and serious gain!! the pinch harmonics response is heavenly, gain 1 can be used for a serious metal tone, gain 2 can be used for lead/solo or insane metal tone as well!! clean channel is very clean, the pedal allows you to have full control over your options, separate reverb level on both channels, closed cabinet gives you PLENTY of TIGHT low end, the highs cut right through, effects loop has separate return-send level controls, 4ohm & 8ohm line out, ground cancel switch, all the goodies!! amp is built solid, very heavy, large heat sinc with cooling fan...anything else you want??? you can't listen to these people who are using junk guitars with junk pickups and expect to sound like dimebag with a fender squire-you definately need active pickups to experience the beauty of this amp. anyone with $300 looking for a combo amp...buy this thing, you won't be dissappointed!!
    poland
    I am trying to sell my Randall RG75DG3. It is like new condition wise. I got a small dog just about 3 months after so the amp is just collecting dust. I figure if I can get $150 for it then I will. Any suggestions of amount I am trying to get?
    iceberg
    by the way, you can tell angrygoldfish is a guitar snob, those foreign bastards are stuck up...i'm giving this amp an american review, so i hope there are other americans taking my review to heart. hey goldfish...what do you consider a good amp?? vox??(junk) egnator??(junk) hughs & ketner??(junk) you probably don't even own a esp 1000, bragging about your "band" and always wanting a different sound-well gooood for you! u probably wear tight ass pants and have a wallet chain down to your ankles you unoriginal bastard. if your band always wants a different sound then i guess you won't be happy with any amp, cuz guess what, it will always sound the same!! go back to playing your pentatonic scales and power chords you two pump chump...america rocks, you bubblin dublin!!