RG75G2 review by Randall

Randall: RG75G2

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I've used a few guitars in it. I personally own an ESP F-50 and an Epiphone les-paul standard. Both have humbuckers and I mainly use the bridge pick up. The style I play is metalcore, post-hardcore, rock and some jazz and classical. The modern gain channel is perfect for metalcore and other types of heavy music. My pinch harmonics really squeel, and my chugging sounds pretty good. The amp can be a little noisy though, especially at higher volumes. The Vintage hi-gain channel isn't really "Vintage", like classic rock, I still think it has a good amount of gain to it. I use it for post-hardcore type music, like chiodos. The gain is significally less then the modern gain, as expected. The clean channel sounds alright, it doesnt't distort until you really turn it up, and the boost helps a lot, I always play with it. The problem I have with the clean channel is that the EQ'ing it doesnt't really seem to change it all that much. The amp sounds a hundred times better then any SS Crate amp or the Spiders.

For the type of music I play, this amp is perfect, I've never had a complaint. I've been playing for about a year and some months. I bought this without playing it, and I'm so happy that I did. I got a great deal on it and don't regret it at all. If it were stolen, I probably wouldn't buy it again only because I would spend my money on a high end tube amp. I love the modern gain channel. I play with my treble at 8, mids at 7, bass at 6 and contour at 6 1/2ish. Oh, and my reverb is at 3. I find this setting is perfect for metalcore, it sounds similiar to Misery Signals on their newer album. I love it. The cleans are alright, I don't know how to EQ my cleans well though:(. I compared it to my old Crate FXT120, and it blows it out of the water. This amp is better in everyway.

This amp hasn't ever failed me. I've brought it out the house a million times, and I've hit it against walls and fallen over it a few times, it still works. It still sounds great after all the abuse. I've had it for about a year now. I would gig without a backup.

I actually have the RG200G2, but it's pretty much the same exact thing, but 200 watts. I got it on sale for $300 on musiciansfriend, because the G3's just came out at the time. It's the best money I've ever spent. I've owned a Crate FXT120, but the tone of the Crate is nothing compared to this, cleanwise or with distortion. I've also played through various spiders and Marshall MG's, and they all can't compare. I play mostly metalcore music, but also play jazz and classical and some rock music. This amp can do it all, I think the modern gain channel is the best of them all though. But this amp has two other channels, classic hi-gain and clean. It has a clean boost option which boosts the volume in the clean channel. The EQ has treble, mids, lows, contour, channel volume, master volume and spring reverb. The reverb is pretty good, I use it for everything, including the modern gain. It was pretty much built to be a metal amp, it even has a voicing button to scoop the mids, if that's your thing. I like my mids though. I couldn't really ask for more features, because effects amps usually suck the big one, and this amp has excellent tone. I use this amp in my room, and outside in small gigs and it's loud enough. I barely use any volume, so the 75w should be fine for small gigs as well. Oh, and mine comes with a channel selector pedal.

Wir3d
    I have this amp and i love it.Sounds good with my 7 string in both distortion and clean.Has a nice tight gain abd a smooth clean,cant go wrong with this one.
    Saint-Jimmy
    this amp owns i bought it today $450 aus dollars and free 40 dollar strap very nice