RG75G2 review by Randall

Randall: RG75G2

Purchased from: Second Encore Music

I'm using a Fender Stratocaster with single coil pickups with this amp, I'll be honest that my guitar aids a lot in the amazing sound of the amp as I had a 100$ pawn shop guitar before this one, but that's no biggy with a decent guitar you will get an amazing sound. It suits every style of music I play (rock, metal, blues etc.) but not jazz as much. But this amplifier is very versatile, there are just so many different sounds you can get out of the overdrive channel. Clean channel is good for chording, just keep the bass down or it might start to get distorted on you. As well on the overdrive channel, the distortion is very clean, nothing thrashing, it keeps it smooth and keeps the notes understandable.

My first impression was "wow" and I'm still thinking the same thing. It's a good match to everything I play, and even after playing guitar for 7 years I couldn't ask for more. It suits my Fender, I'm happy with this amplifier (period) there isn't much more to explain really, I'm just glad I bought this one because it's really lasted me.

I wouldn't bother bringing a back up, I have knocked this amplifier on it's side, spilled pepsi on it, and it's still going strong, it feels like a rock practically. It just feels tough, the wood on the oustide doesn't seem thin at all and the parts seem to be great, well I shouldn't say seem because this amplifier has lasted me a few years of hauling around now.

I picked out this amp for my birthday after hearing someone play a demonstration on it, right then and there I knew it was what I wanted. The distortion channel is killer, it sounds so raw and professional, while the cleans sound fairly good too, they take a lot of fiddling with but when you get the right sound you won't be disappointed. But this amp is rock oriented, you most likely wont want it for jazz. This amplifier has two channels, comes with a peddle that includes the channel switching, channel boost and reverb, so it's a four button pedal but very easy to use. It doesn't have too many features so there aren't any that I don't use I will Switch it up from time to time, and every single Switch contributes to the sound of the amplifier. I've used this amp for a street party when I was invited to play with my dad and it held up very well, at not even half volume I was loud enough to be heard over drums and vocals.