RG75G2 review by Randall

Randall: RG75G2

Purchased from: Musicworks

This amp is very bassy, and I like it. It's awesome for palm muting songs. I'm using an ESP Eclipse-II VTB with EMG 81/60 combo in it. I also use my custom guitar (strat-ish shape) with only a bridge humbucker. It is the best amp in my opinion for metal and blows all the Marshalls and Peavy's away! It's just no contest in sound. The distortion on the amp is simply amazing and I have no need for my distortion pedal no more. It's very noisy on the high gain setting with the gain at about 7 or 8 but you can use the foot Switch to Switch to clean in between songs. This amp is amde for Meal but has suitable cleans for Opeth etc. "How brutal is the distortion?"... Brutal!!

This amp is a very good match for the music me and my band like to play. From hardcore to tech death it suits all of my needs. Even though I have only been playing for 5 years I have mastered a few techniques like pinch harmonics and getting into sweeping and this amp takes it, no sweat. If it was stolen I would buy this again. Possibly buy the bigger ones, like a 100 watt or 200 watt, or even a head. But 75 watt is plenty(trust me... remember the windows? ) I regularly jam with a mate Who has a Peavy Valveking and he complains about how mine is better in distortion and overall sound. Just wish it has a Headphone jack.

This amp has been very reliable! Gigged without a back-up countless times. Dropped it a couple of time still work perfectly! It will just last! The amp has never broken down at all on me, never had to take it back or email Randall. I can depend on this amp wherever I go!

Small enough for practice, big enough for gigs. Dual 3-band EQ's, Series EFX loop w/Levels, Slave Output w/level, 4-button Footswitch included. This amp is a 75 Valvestate amp. You get that awesome tube sound without all the tubes. Solid state power amp and tube preamp makes awesome distortion and weeping cleans. The foot Switch is very easy to use with channel select from clean to overdrive channel. And overdrive setting switcher. Switch from classic gain to high gain setting and reverb Switch. Has effects loop with levels that I have never used. Nice to know it's there if I want it. I play mostly Death Metal and it suits me perfectly. But I also play other genres like soft rock etc, works very well for that. I use this amp at home for practicing or recording, band practice and gigs. It's very loud (Broken 4 windows and counting with it only at 5 on the volume control) And very reliable. Also has output for another 2 x 12 cabinet (Building that soon). No headphone jack though. that's the thing it needs the most. Can't really play at night without waking the parents.

lessthanjosh
    I have had this amp for about 2 years. I uses it for practicing with my band. When i turn the volume up past around 7, it starts to cut out. I have had it sent back to the manufactures who said here was nothing wrong with it but recommended that i do not play it at such high volumes. For me this is very poor, if the amp cant be played at high settings then they should not pretend it does. Also i agree with the 'cloudy' sound, very difficult to cut through the fuzz sometimes.
    The Interlude
    Really? I have recently gotten this baby, and it really is good. Especially for the price: $175!!! The only issue I have is it can get rather noisy, but it sounds more like its a problem with my stock pickups, of which I'm thinking of changing