RM100M review by Randall

Randall: RM100M

Purchased from: Ebay.

The guitar I'm using right now is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, with stock pickups. Due to the modules that can be changed over with the amp, it's very versatile; Which is just what I need due to the constant change in genre enjoyment. It's good for a lot. I've gotten a sound close to Metallica's 'seek and destroy' with the XTC module. A great crunch sound for punk and blues with the Plexi module. And a warm sparkling clean tone for the blackface module. The amp isn't always noisy, but can be. The most noise from it is the fan in the back, but it's un-noticeable while playing. The clean channel can get distorted on a high volume level also, but I don't tend to push it that far. And of course, being a Randall, The distortion is brutal when needed. You can also purchase a little mod kit for the modules. With a replacement of one little component behind the gain knob of each module you can get a tighter bottom end with more pick attack, or can loosen it if wanted.

The styles of music I play range from anything, blues, metal, punk, rock, jazz, and anything in between. I've found this Amp to be a good match to all of those styles with a little bit of tweaking. If I could've asked any questions about this, it would've been about a reverb pedal. The amp is completely perfect to my ears. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy one of these in a second. Out of everything on this amp, The main thing I love is the versatility and choice. I haven't found anything that makes me hate it. I decided not to compared this amp to many, as it's in a category of its own. If I had to compare it to something, it would be many amps rolled into one. If you don't have the intent to buy one of these, I suggest at least trying one. Just let yourself be the judge, and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Not sure, haven't had it for long. But it is well built, and I'm not expecting any problems. It looks to be built in a tank, and is definitely gig worthy; But like everything else, it may need to have a back up taken for gigs. From what I understand the amp hasn't broken down either. A tube change will need to be undertaken though.

I'm unsure of which year the amp is made, although it's in very good condition and can't be too old. It's all tube, and has tube modules to replicate different amp tones. Wait, what? Tube modeling? Oh yeah! From the factory I think these amps are equipped with JJ El84's and 12ax7's. It features 3 channels which are interchangeable with any module of your choice, including the older 1 channel Egnater modules. It has a Bias point in the back, for anyone needing a quick Bias. And along with this it also has an LED for each Tube, to indicate whether there is a tube failure. I use a 3 button Randall footswitch which came with the amp for channel switching, which can be programmed in a minute. It also features a Midi through; for midi effects, a Parallel effects loop, A series effects loop, interchangeable voltage selector, and of course an impedance select Switch. That's just the back. The front features the Usual Standby and power Switch, a Density control, Effects level, Master level, and Presence. The Modules have a gain knob, Middle, bass, treble, and level/volume. With an added bright Switch on each one. I've found that the modules will need a little bit of tweaking over time for a perfect tone, but everything takes time. I'm very happy with all of the features. My only complaint is the missing reverb, but all of the other features makes up for it.

ashish_2903
    dnamra13 wrote: lol what did the reviewers pay for these things
    I paid $1700 Australian for the head, 2nd hand, immaculate condition for a champ in Queensland.
    mosherhamish
    damn these are too expensive preloaded anyone know any alternative heads that are less cash but still good. 2 or more channels with a tone good for melodic death/thrash metal
    Shinozoku
    There's a 2 channel model Or you can just save up, or get your parents to split it with you on a birthday or something. I really want one of these heads, paired with a Vader cab...
    Shinozoku
    In regards to my last comment here, I have one now, paired with a Vader I wrote a review that's under, well, review atm.