RS412KHX Review

manufacturer: Randall date: 09/02/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Randall: RS412KHX
This cab sounds great for the music I play. Great bass and handles sound very well. This thing sounds amazing.
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
RS412KHX Reviewed by: UKMaster, on september 02, 2011

Purchased from: TheacademyofSound.co.uk

Features: This is a fairly new cabinet. It is a 4 x 12 cab. It has 2 V30's and 2 G12T-75's which sound amazing together. It has many options of Ohm output. I just use the 16 ohm output. That's in Mono. It has everything a cab needs! At the price I bought it for, it's a steal. Usually costs around 1000 I think. // 10

Sound: This thing sounds amazing. I play a Laney VH100R through it. The V30's with the G12T-75's go great together with the mid hump of the V30's and the slight scooped sound of the G12T-75's. As I play Metal such as Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden I think this cab is a perfect match. The 4 speakers give it a lovely bass that the speakers handle very well. The speakers also act very well at high volumes. They produce a very clear sound. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing weighs a hell of a lot and looks very durable. The frame looks very thick and the handles are made out of Metal. The corner plates are metal aswell. I have owned this for about a month and it hasn't got a single tear or dent so it seems very tough. I would definately use it in a gig and not worry about it. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this cab sounds great for the music I play. Great bass and handles sound very well. If I lost it (Have no idea how I could as it's so massive) or it was stolen, I would buy it again at the same price but if I had to buy it at full price, I would probably try out a different cab. I love the speakers in it and I love that it feels very tough and sturdy. // 9

Comments