RX75R Review

manufacturer: Randall date: 01/04/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Randall: RX75R
The RX75R features 75 watts of power, 2-channels, 12" Randall Jaguar speaker, overdrive channel w/voicing and contour control, clean channel w/boost option, dual 3-band EQ's, spring reverb w/level control, and includes a 2-button footswitch.
 9.5
 9.8
 9.2
 4,751
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
RX75R Reviewed by: reaper1993, on january 04, 2007

Purchased from: Audio Pro

Features: This amp is perfect for metal, but you can play everything with this one. It has 2 channels: drive and clean. Randall RXD75 has digital effects but RX75 not. It has reverb and it sounds awesome. Between the middle, bass and trebble it has contour-something like mid, I don't know because I don't use it. Gain is very good. Perfect amp for metal. It came with two button footswitch: channel, reverb. This amp has 20kg or more and it is big. // 9

Sound: I'm using 2 Seymour Duncan SH-6 distortion humbuckers, they are good for metal, a lot of pouplar guitar players playing on Seymour Duncans. It suit perfect for me. I don't want to say it is noisy but it is very loud and "strong". Distortion is very brutal but I'm using Line 6 Toncore Uber Metal distortion pedal so the gain is up to about 13 or more. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can realy depend on it because it have good sound and durability. I was using it on garage playing with band. I would use it on gigs too. It was never broken down because it has good quality. The footswitch is made of metal or aluminium and it have good quality too. // 10

Overall Impression: I recomend it to anybody who play metal (Metallica, Children Of Bodom). I'm using it with pedal Line 6 Uber metal and Seymour Duncan pickups, I don't know if there is anything better than this for playing metal. The amp is just perfect and the price is good. J350 in Audio Pro shop in Croatia. // 10

Comments