Warhead Combo review by Randall

Randall: Warhead Combo

Purchased from: good old ebay

I'm running a Dean ML X guitar with a Bill Lawrence L-500XL bridge pickup with the warhead. Basically if metals where your at then the warhead is perfect. It takes a while to find your tone, but the built in EQ helps a lot. I play stuff like Slayer, Metallica, In Flames, pantera, etc etc and the amp can handle it with great ease. a few downsides, it can be noisy with the gain cranked, so I'm planning on buying a noise reducer at some point, and there is no headphone jack. This amp can get seriously loud, but as it's solid state it sounds just as good at lower levels too. I know usually tube amps are far better than solid state, but this amp was built for gigs and is quite capable of keep up with any tube amp in terms of sound quality and volume.

I have been playing 2 and a half years and I've finally found an amp I like. I play heavy stuff mostly, and the warhead can handle it easily. This amp was built for metal! But with the right kind of pedal, it can be made to play any style of music you'd like, thanks to the clean channel, but to be honest, you don't have a warhead on stage to play anything other than metal do you? If it was lost of stolen I would cry like a baby then track down another one, but to be honest I don't think it's possible to lose it, and someone would have a hard time nicking it!

I haven't had it long enough to comment, but it looks very durable. It looks very strong and I wouldn't think it would damage easily. If gigging I would rely on this amp alone and would not need a backup. I bought the amp from the USA (I live in the UK) and when it arrived the box was basically destroyed, but the amp was perfect.

The Randall Warhead Combo is the slightly smaller version of the full blown warhead rig, and although it's not quiet as powerful as its big brother, it still packs plenty of punch. The combo boasts 150 Watts of pure solid state power. It has 2 channels, clean and overdrive (overdrive being an understatement) and also has a handy built in 9 band parametric EQ. On the rear of the amp there is an effects loop and a footswitch jack (I didn't recieve a footswitch but the amp originally came with one) and it features 2 celestion 30 speakers. It comes with wheels, so it's easy to move around (it's very heavy). The amp was made somewhere between 2000-2003.

serbusfish
    a few things I forgot to add, the eq is actually graphic, not parametric, and the amp also comes with 16 built in effects
    serbusfish
    yeah the only difference is the combo is 150 watts whilst the head version is 300 watts. the combo still has everything the head does in terms of features
    HELLSHREDD
    No , but i could be wrong so sorry 4 the blurt folks.
    blazerok wrote: HELLSHREDD wrote: solid state sucks have u tried THIS ONE(!) yet?