RG-20 review by Raven

Raven: RG-20

I use a Strat as well as a Les Paul and play everything from Blues to Metal and the Amp works Fine. I use it mostly as a practice Amp in my Den. It sounds just as good at lower volumes as it does cranked up. Some Amps only sound good at low volumes or some(like my Acoustic 100 watt amp)just cranked, but this amp handles both extemely well.Using the Lead Channel with the gain cranked up is fine for Blues or some Rock but you really need a Distortion Pedal for any Thrash or Heavier Metal tones.This Amp is perfect for my RP155 which really just needs a clean amp. I've played it at pretty high level's (although I haven't been able to peg the volume yet) without distortion or beaking up.

Overall I think this is the perfect Practice amp to accompany an effects pedal like the Zoom G1 or my DigiTech RP155. It sounds Great, It's Plenty Loud and built extremely tough.Without a pedal or the effects, it can get by on it's own though.Also, the guitar tuner is difficult to see if you are standing in front of it.But if you kneel down, it does work if you need it. I did alot of Reaearch and trial before I purchased this Amp and I don't regret it at all. For a no Frill's basic Heavy Duty Industructable Amp, you can't do much better for the money.

The Raven is constructed like a Sherman tank. It is Durable but not too heavy to carry. You can stand or sit on it without worries. I really liked the 12" speaker to help handle the low notes. I do'nt really play out but I wouldn't be afraid to because it Sounds great and is very reliable.

The Raven RG-20 is a Great Kickin Little Amp! It's hard to find a smaller sized practice amp without all the extra built in effects.I already have a DigiTech RP155 so I just needed a Solid Clear sounding Amplifier. This Amp is Awesome. It has 2 channels, a clean which I use mostly and a Lead with a Gain in addition to the volume to dial in distortion. Bass, Midrange and Treble as well as a Reverb or Delay. And a separate switch for a built-in tuner. I bought this New in Jan.2010. It's a Perfect Practice amp that's loud and clear enough to play out with if needed.