RG60 review by Raven

Raven: RG60

Using an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with default pickups. I've used the Digatech RG60 through this and will soon be getting a Weeping Demon to power the dirty side. Sound is clean and crisp. Dirty channel is nice enough for my taste. Gain and reverb is adjustable. Very responsive to the sound envelopes I build with my modeler.

My last amp was about 30 years ago with what was a cheap Fender in my days. (wish I'd kept it... could sell the guitar for thousands today) With my last amp it was cheap and kept me out of the big groups. This is an inexpensive amp that can really kick out the sound when needed. I can take on studio roles or jump into a band while not breaking the bank for a second amp. Power, built like a tank, and equal in price to other amps with half the power, and a 16" speaker instead of a 12" like the others. You cannot go wrong here.

As stated earlier, the amp is built in a heavy wood box with a metal screen protecting the speaker. The salesman said he bought one as soon as they came in. The amp has never broken down and never needed service... but I've only owned it a few months. Did not give it a 10 because I've not kicked it around a lot yet.

Two channel amplifier that is built like a truck. Frame is solid wood, speaker has a metal grill protection. Very heavy amp due to the solid build. 16" speaker. Effects loop included -- Raven states they are still building the Switch which is why one is not included with it. They recommended a Vox two Switch foot pedal which was carried by Guitar Center. On the dirty channel I can perfectly recreate Cream's Crossroads sound. Throw distortion on the clean channel if you want to get real dirty. I got this amp because it was in the price range of other 30 watt amps and can kick out power for either practice or stage use. I'm mix of rock and new country.

tukk04
    the distortion is good for acdc kind of rock but for metal you need a booster or a dist. pedal, but the cleans on my rg20 are AMAZING! ! O
    jblittlefield
    I've got the RG20 (the Kustom Defender 50 is just too loud for the bedroom). I run a Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Schecter Classic, and Ibanez Artcore through a BOSS ME70 and I've got the perfect practice rig! Nice smooth clean sound, distortion sucks, but then again I run a multi-effects unit (btw, the RG20 sounds pretty good when I run my Carl Martin Quattro through it)...
    bittyboy3
    This is the best amp for the price. I play in two different bands one being a metal band and the other a christian rock band and i use this amp. I got lucky and got it used for only 95 bucks at guitar center. Aparently the resale value on these is extremely low but I used that to my advantage. I only use the clean channel because i play through a Boss GT 8 pedal board for all my distortion and other effects but I cant even put it past 3 without being to loud at any venue that we play at. This is a great amp for the price especially if you only need an amp to send your effects thru.