RG60 review by Raven

Raven: RG60

I have Dean VX with stock pickups and it still sounds awesome and I play thrash metal and it's a good metal amp. I played a little tiny excel practice amp 0 Watt for like 3 yrs and it's silent compared to that thing lol but it has a little static but not to much to get on my nerves or to complain about. It has a nice reverb on it kinda like stadium reverb. The clean channel is really nice but may have a little too much bass or some but I like it. You can turn it up and still sound really clean not distorted. The disortion is as brutal as you make it lol but really it's got nice lead channel.

I have been playing for a little over 7 years(I'm 15srious for like 3 or 4)and I wouldn't say you know it's like a Marshall or Crate or anything but for me it's good. I was stuck between this and a Line 6 spider lll but I got this because 1 it's got a better crunch to it and I like t able to adjust my sound not clik a button and get a tone. If it was stolen I would probaly not buy it again but not because I didn't like it but because it's my excuse to try other amps to really see what I like. I like the reverb and the versatility if that's the wrd. Most ppl compare it to a Line 6 cause the price but I recommend it for a practice amp andsmall gigging like bars and stuff. I wish it had a cup holder because I'm lazy and hate stop playing and hate going down stairs to get a drink.

This amp is heavy duty so yeah I guess I would use it without a backup. It's got a nice metal grill protecting the speaker. It's about 60 pounds maybe. It has not ever broken down on me and if you knew me I'm pretty rough with stuff. But yeah it's a good reliable amp for the price.

I think the company formed in 2007 or so and the amp in 08(I think). The RG60 is a solid state amp. It is pretty versatile cause I play THrash metal and a little bit of blues. It has a rhythem channel(clean basically) and a lead channel you can Switch with a foot Switch or the little button thing. It is good with pretty much any effects. I play in my room and in a band and it is cappable of overpowering the drums.

MUSICFIEND21
    well the distortion isnt great. i mean its good 4 a beginner but its really good 4 using pedals. especially extreme metal.i played a schecter 7-string hellraiser on the rg20. and the bass was amazing. but it just needs more gain.