RG60 review by Raven

Raven: RG60

Purchased from: www.guitarcenter.com

The Raven RG60 is a great amp. 60 Watts is good for the price I paid. I don't even have the volume halfway up and I'm getting complaints on it being too loud. There are different styles with a instruction booklet for different sound settings. At a certain setting on clean mode you can give your guitar and Acoustic country tone to it. On the distorted setting you can give it a heavy metal tone, punk rock tone, and more. Adjust the settings with Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain, and Reverb.

This is overall a great amp. 8/10. I play metal and hard rock, and some acoustic. It works great for all. I performed at a concert and the amp sounded great. The sound flowed through the room and easily could have gone over the drum and singer. Great amp, but not just an amp for practicing in your room. I'm not easily impressed but this amp did the job easy. Great amp.

The amp was heavy, but what do you expect? A lightweight amp? No. It has hard ruber to protect it and a metal gate across the front to protect it. I can literally stand on it and play(I weigh 116) I have not done anything to it and I don't think I will for a while. I dropped it a few times but it still sounds great. I didn't drop from high heights, just slipping from my fingers inches above the ground. No scratches or tears. The amp is just fine and I've had it for a couple months.

The amp also came with a built in tuner (I wasn't very impressed) as it tuned my guitar wrong and a few strings broke as I attempted to get it to the "correct" tuning. I advise you get a real tuner rather than use the amplifier's tuner. Sadly there is no headphone jack:( but if you look on the back of the amp there is a spot for an extra speaker, effects loop, and a footswitch. These came very helpful.

DaveOfTheDead13
    I just got mine yesterday (unfortunately I was working til close when it arrived) but I plugged it in this morning and I love it better than my Vyper 15w. The distortion isn't great, but the suggested blues and hard rock suggestions are good. Just not their metal suggestion, use a pedal for that. I'm keeping this guy for a while.