RG60 review by Raven

Raven: RG60

Purchased from: Guitar center

My favorite sounds I get out of it: A really Clean distortion gain knob around 2 or 1 running through single coils on my Peavey Tracer Custom. Clean channel: Even every knob at 12 o clock on my MEXICAN POSOUNDING Stratocaster sounds good. can't argue with that... just turn done the bass if theres to much bass in the clean! Hard rock: This is where my Strat shines actually. Its hss with a TB-6 in the brigde with gain at about 11 o clock. doesn't matter much where eq is, although it does help. Metal: For rythm and playing at home I usaully have the Bass at 8, Treble at 7, and mid at 4. Gain all the way up. Shred/Powermetal: Bass at 7, treble at 6, and mid at 4. Sometimes to be spontaneous I do: Bass at 7, Treble and mid 12 o clock. Gain all the way with FX80-B DOD Compressed sustainer. The one with release from 87 Classic rock: same eq as spontaneous power metal but gain at 3 running throught meh single coils, or my humbucker spilt. Loud and clear enough to gig with.

I have had for 2 years now. If I condsirdered price a factor, 10's across the board. But I didn't. With a few cheap pedals, overdrive, sustainer, noise gate, your ready to go. If I lost this product.. Hmmmmmm... I would prolly buy the new model thats supposed to come out. Even though this is not tube and everyone says its complete shit, idk its pretty good. Its amazing for money.

NO. I stood on the poor thing at a gig and it held me so I think it will do great... I like the wierd reverb noise it gives off when you drop it LOL. It wants me to type more in this field... Apples taste good with peanaut butter... Lol... What is there to say? Its not going to break unless your insane. If you break this amp, then your a freak of nature.

Well, I bet that you aren't reading this, because there's like 10 billion reviews above this hehehe... But anyway it has to channels, one dubed "Lead" and one "Rhythm". To be honest with you, I'm not sure wtf there where thinking here. Ryhtm=clean? Intresting... I would think that it would just have a toned down gain, but seeing as theres only two channels, I am not going to complain. An easy fix: Use a distortion pedal for rhthym on clean channel, and switch to lead channel to add more gain/change eq with the amp overdrive. its a very versitile amp to fit a versitale player... It doesn't really Shine any where spefically but it does pretty good in all genres. I do wish they would get rid of there piece of shit reverb though. The rg20 has delay and I would rather have that than the lamest reverb I've ever heard. I really enjoy the foot switch feature. Its real fun to mess around with it my house, but it really shines live. It does mudd out unless you playing in a huge quiet room with only you playing and with a ton of reverb (bad expericnce). The tuner is ok... I don't use it because I just tune by ear and make our bass player tune to me. I Play shred, Classic Rock, Power metal, Thrash, Blues, Classical, Folk, Hard Rock, basically just about anything I can get my hands on thats got a great guitar part in. And it delivers. I even play a bass through it at times and its not HORRIBLE like my other amps. Really wish they'd switch out reverb for delay, or chorus. Which I'm sure would be easy because its a Solid state amp.

Calymos
    I just broke one of these without it being over half way. I also blew out my Raven half stack in a similar way.