Chubster 40 review by Rivera

Rivera: Chubster 40

Purchased from: Route 7 Music

I play through the Rivera Chubster 40 with Fender Japanese Strat from 1989. The neck and middle pickups are stock and I replace the bridge single coil with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. The sound is sweet clean or dirty. I can play all styles through this Chubster 40 that I got at Route 7 Music in Brookfield, CT. The distortion is good and clean. I play mainly country and rock so I use pedals for harder stuff.

I play mainly country / rock through my Chubster 40. Its got a great clean sound and a fat tone with the tubes. I really like the Ninja switch for lead breaks. It cuts through nicely. I chose the Rivera Chubster 40 over a Hughes And Kettner, Mesa Boogie and Fender amp at Route 7 Music. They have a wide selection of amplifiers and guitars to chose from. My next guitar from Route 7 Music will be a G&L ASAT either black or blonde. Check out Route 7 Music at www.rt7music.com. They ship everywhere!

The Chubster 40 amplifier is very dependable. I've played a few gigs in large and small venues with it so far and its loud enough. The tone carries across large stages and doesn't distort at high volumes. The amplifier has been great so far. If it does break down, the guys at Route 7 Music in Brookfield, CT will have it up and running again in no time. They have a great repair department.

I got my Rivera Chubster 40 at Route 7 Music in Brookfield, CT. Its brand new. I play everything from rock, country, blues and jazz. It's got 2 channels High gain and Low gain. I mainly stay in the High gain channel. I love the sound of this tube amp and the reverb but the pedal doesn't have a reverb on/off switch.

rv_phoenix
    Yeah, so did I, but straight 10s are as irrelevant as straight 1s. I'm sure it's a very good amp, but don't forget at its price this is a basic pre-requisite. The second review is much more balanced.
    mel897
    I auditioned this amp 10 years ago and fell in love with it based on it's clean channel. It brought back memories of the bell like tones with nice bottom end of my Fender Showman I played in the sixties with an SG standard which surprised me with EL34s.I ended up buying a used S-120 but it was the Chubster that sold me on Rivera. 10 years later, maybe it's time to downsize... seriously considering a Chubster.
    ericsands80
    I own this amp. It's extremely versatile and as a result requires a lot of tweaking to find your sound. It's well worth it though. Definitely a tone monster and very reliable. Probably the best execution of combining a Marshall and a Fender in one amp.