R50C review by Rocktron

Rocktron: R50C

The sound is actually kinda good. It's got a good amount of distortion for a 50 watt amp. Sounds even better when you plug it into a cabinet. It does suit my music style, punk, but better for heavy metal players. Theres somethin I gotta say about the chorus effect. I would say that is the best effect on the amp. At certain settings, it sounds alien like, and at others, it sounds like there is an earthquake shaking it to death. Most everything else is good.

I play punk music with it, but its better for metal. I've been playing for about 4 years now and I play through a Cort X-2. If this were stolen or got lost, I would probably just by a different amp. The thing I like about the amp was the distortion. pretty good for 50 watts.

You actually can depend on it. its gotten crashed a little bit and it still works. But dont use it for any gigs unless its plugged into a speaker cab (depending on how many people in the audience).

I'm not sure what year it was made. I'm guessing a few years ago. The amp is solid state. Its best suited for heavy metal guitarists. It's got a lotta overdrive. When I owned it, I played it through a Cort X-2. Certain adjustments on the guitar made it sound kinda screamy like. If you like that sound I suggest this amp. It's got 2 basic channels for a 50 watt amp. Clean, and overdrive. The clean isn't too good. You have to turn the gain up halfway to get any sound of of the clean channel. The overdrive channel actually blew me away with how much distortion it had. Then there are only 2 effects. Chorus, and reverb.