V30D review by Rocktron

• Users' score: 5 (1 vote)
Rocktron: V30D

I use a Squier with this amp (yeah that's right a Squier) and it makes it sound like my friend's Gibson les paul, if not better. This amp is perfect for what I play, which is generally rock, with some metal, blues, classic rock ect. on the side. As said earlier, the distortion can be lacking at times, but I have a metal distortion pedal and a Boss SD-1 to make up for anything the amp misses. Apart from the distortion, it has amazing tone, especially with the delay. The clean channel stays clear until it reaches about 9, then it gets a little crackly. The distortion seems to hold out fine until the volume is turned way up, then it starts to get some feedback, but then again I am using a Squier, so that could be why. I wish this amp was bigger so that I could use it for gigging, but unfortunately it can't get quite loud enough.

My overall impression is this is a fantastic amp for the price I paid, and I'm glad I chose this over some of the other amps I tried out. Fantastic look. Fantastic tone. Fantastic amp. that's about all I can say about it, and I sure as hell would buy another one if anything ever happened to it (providing I can find another one that is). I can guarantee that you won't be let down by this amp unless you want some "br00tal distortion", in which case you should look for something else.

I've had this amp for about 4 months now and it hasn't broken down on me yet. The build seems quite sturdy and I sit on it sometimes while jamming and I haven't broken though it. The only damage done so far is I accidentally stepped on the side of it with my shoes on and scraped off a little bit of the "skin", but other than that it's great.

This solid state amp was definitely worth the money. With 2 channels (clean, distortion), built in digital delay, bass mid and treble controls, individual clean and distortion volume controls, a headphone jack, and a footswitch to change between channels and turn on and off delay, there isn't much lacking for the price. The only thing I wish was a bit better is the distortion, as it doesn't have quite as much as I'd like sometimes, but with the addition of a distortion pedal there's little for me to complain about. The clean is simply beautiful, and with a bit of delay added to it, it is absolutely gorgeous. The delay consists of only a time and level control, so it's not quite as versatile as a delay stomp box would be, but I have no need to worry about batteries with it and it adds a great sound to anything I play. I use this amp for home practice and jamming, although it can have trouble competing with my drummer:P. I would recommend this amp to anyone looking for an amp with fantastic sound. As an extra feature, the front label lights up as well when the amp is on, so this baby looks and sounds beautiful.

Soldier_42
    Lol, and this review is supposed to sell it?
    lemnas
    i use a squier fat strat with my 15w which i dont see a review for...but it does sound great