GS-100R review by Rogue

Rogue: GS-100R

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

It sounds great. I'm using a Squier Strat with 2 single voice coils and a humbucker, and the Rogue makes it sound like a champ. The amp has almost no buzz (you have to get right down by it to hear it). It has plenty of power for most settings that I play in (mostly school gyms). It is nice and clean sounding, but the overdrive adds a nice distorted sound, but I mostly use my distortion petal. The amp can handle blues style solos, as well as just about anything else you can throw at it. In other words, for the price, there probably isn't a better sounding amp.

I think it is great. My other choice was a basically an identical Ibanez. Price: 400. I decided to go with the Rogue, because it was half the price of the Ibanez. It matches pretty much everthing I play (punk, rock, alternative, country, blues). I love the amount of power and speakers for the price. I truely would buy another one if stolen or lost (kind of hard to lose an amp this big, though). I would recommend this to just about anyone, as It can handle a reasonable stage (no Woodstock settings :). It handles the areas I play in with execellence.

I would hand my life to it, its that dependable. I haven't had any problems, nor has anyone else that I know had any problems. It did have a bit of a rattle, but that was soon tightened up with a screwdriver.

2 channels (clean, and overdrive), reverb, 2 12" speakers and 100 watt amp, if your really interested read the specs at musicians friend.