GS-100R review by Rogue

Rogue: GS-100R

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play with both a Fender Fat Strat and an Ibanez RX270, and the amp delivers wonderfully. I don't like the handling of the volume, because it starts off quiet and once you pass maybe 3, it jumps exponentially. The overdrive channel sucks, but on clean with a distortion pedal, it is just great.

For punk or metal, or pretty much anything, this amp will blow you away. The price is extremely reasonable for a 2x12 combo. If it were stolen, I would probably upgrade to a Marshall because I got this for the price. I wish it had more features like an included footswitch or better distortion, but it performs as well as I need. For a first combo, this is a great buy.

I have depended on this amp for about half a year now, and it hasn't let me down. I would use it on a gig without a backup because it is trustworthy enough. It hasn't broken down, but that rattle still puts me on edge.

I love this amp. Its super durable. There is a small rattle when I put it down that makes me a bit nervous, but nothing has broken yet. I play a lot of punk and metal style music, and with a pedal, this beast screams. It has both clean and overdrive with the button switch. It also has effects loops and a headphone jack, but I never use those. It does not come with a footswitch, though there is a jack for it. I use it for practice in my friend's garage/basement and also for performance, and it handles superbly. For the price, it is great.