Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: noteworthy music

I play a lot of different styles, from clean stuff like Classical Gas and heavy stuff like Black Label Society. I find that it sounds great on both. The amp has a bit of buzz, but its pretty quiet. The distortion can get pretty damn heavy, but it sounds kick ass when you are tapping on full gain. I find that when I am writing material, I can always get a perfect setting, because its pretty versatile.

I mostly play my own stuff and as I said before, it works perfectly with all musical styles. I've only been playing for about a year, but I found that it helped me to learn new music styles because I could replicate other songs well. I own an Epiphone Les Paul and a Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah, and this amp is a good match for both. If some asshole stole this thing, I would definitely buy another one, because it sounds awesome. Thats pretty much all I have to say about it, except that I recommend it strongly.

As far as durability goes, this thing is built like a tank, except for the crappy fake metal speaker cover, which I could kick through without trying. I've had it for about a month, and its worked like a charm. I haven't used it at a gig yet, but even though it's really small, it puts out a lot of noise.

This thing is pretty sweet. I wasn't sure at first, but after I played around with it in the store, I found it had huge sound. I like the distortion (there are four, metal stack, metal, distortion and overdrive) thogh I find that with my Epiphone les paul, it tends to pick up a lot of pick flicks, which sounds kinda choppy. Also, the metal stack distortion sucks (if you want to sound like a stack, then buy a stack). It has a headphone and auxilary input for cd players.