Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Musician

I'm currently using it with an Ibanez GRX20 (5-way pickup and dual humbuckers). Suits my music style very well, which is metal riffs and classic rock solos. Noisy in the good way, yes. Noisy in the bad way, no. By this I mean it's a loud SOB when you wanna crank it up, but it has virtually no static or fuzz (with a top of the line cable). Like I said above, it provides metal (sounds like Black Sabbath), metal stack (the beginning of Workin' Man by Rush comes to mind), distortion (standard distortion), and overdrive (like many classic rock solos). The clean channel is never distorted at high volumes and always sounds identical to all other volume levels. The distortion is as brutal as you want it to be. Like brutal? Turn up the gain! Don't? Then turn it down and it wont be brutal.

I play anything from the deep, high gain sounds of Metallica, to the high-pitched, mild sounds of good old Lynyrd Skynyrd. I've been playing just a little while and this amp has been everything I've wanted it to be. It's an amazing amp for the price and all beginners should get the Roland Cube 15. In fact this could even be an upgrade (for someone with a Squier of the same price). What I love is how so many different sounds can come out of this 12"x12" amp with a 8" tall speaker. Needs absolutely nothing more! Get this amp! Undoubtedly the best 15-watt around!

Seems reliable to me, hasn't broke and yes, I would go to a gig w/o a backup. Amp has never broken down. Once I thought it was broken but just turns out that my newly acquired cable (made by American Cable Co) was a piece of shit (don't buy that cable).

Extremely versatile amp! For $95 this thing should be crowned king of the amps. This little baby is said to be 15-watt but you'll swear on your life that it's got more! For $95 I don't wish it had ANY other features, it's got what it needs and much more. I frequently use every feature it has to offer (headphone, all 4 lead modes, AUX In, etc). I use this amp in my room as a practice amp and an amp to show off to my friends. Absolutely has enough power. Once, I turned it on full gain, and full volume, and I couldn't hear for like three days. Great amp.