Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Music World

I have a California Fat Strat. The amp perfectly suits my guitar style of punk rock and rock. The metal seting on the amp works really well with these types of music. The metal stack is the worst setting as it have the type of crunch sound to suit the style of music. The clean channel is probably the best sound you would get out of any 15 watt amp. There is just a little or no buzz noise in the amp even when play at full volume. The distortion on the amp can be brutal at higher gains but if you are into playing heavy metal you are better off buying a pedal, but for my style of music it is sounds great.

Overall this is a great is a great amp for guitar players especially as it is very affordable and only AUS$199 and comest with better sound quality than other amps around the same price or more like the Marshall MRG15DFX wich costs $250. Whether your are strating out or already playig gigs this is an awesome amp to purchase. Also the amp suits all types of music as there are many setting that can be adjusted. The only other thing I can say about this amp is that if you play heavy metal or hard rock buy a pedal and if you play gigs buy the Cube 60. I strongly reccomend the ampp to everyone. If this was stolen or lost I woulduy the Cube 30 as it is more powerful than this one. The only thig I hate about this amps is the fake metal peaker cover as it weak but it will survive. I compared this amp to the Marshall MRG15DFX and it sounded much better to the type of music I play and the Cube 15 is $50 cheaper.

I would totally rely on the amp without a back-up. It is not an amp that I would use at a gig unless the space is small as it is not as powerful if you want to play at a gig and buy the Cube 60 as it is much more powerful amp and it is as reliable and comes with the same features and great sound. It has never broken down on me yet.

The amp was made in 2005. It is powerful enough for me as I just jam with friends adn practice in my bedroom. It is a very powerful amplifier for 15 watts. It has two channels: clean and lead. The clean channel has a volume and gain knob. It also has the basic EQ knobs- bass, mid adn treble. There is a recording out-jack and and AUX input. It also has 4 built-in peadals: overdrive, distortion, metal and metal stack. I prefer distortion and metal than all the others. It would be a better amp if it had digital FX like reverb and chorus.