Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

I am currently playing it with a Dean Baby Z hooked up to a Zoom 606 hooked up to the amp. Like I mentioned earlier, it really fits the metal style, and most other overdrive saturated music. From the 3 weeks I've had it I havent heard buzzing coming from it and it really holds up nicely. The only drawback is that it only really plays metal. The clean channel is clear but even the smallest amount of overdrive sounds very strong.

If you play nu-metal, metal, punk, or ska, this is the amp for you. I've been playing for a good 5 years and this is one of the best deals I've seen for such a good amp. If this were stolen from me I would definatley buy another. These are pretty cheap and good if not for a backup. My only problem is the metal stacked feature sounds like the distortion with the treble turned up. I have played it beside my friends 15W Frontman and this sounds much better. And all I wish it had were a few more features and I would take this to every gig I could!

The reliability for this thing is great. It's built like a tank, and plays even better. I have trusted it with me on one occasion without a backup and it played perfectly.

When I bought this amp I was hoping for a good practice amp for metal, which is mainly what I play. When it got here 3 weeks ago I was blown away. First off it has the equavalent of 4 boss pedals built right in; the MD2, SD1, MT2, and the DS1. If you didn't know already these are all overdrive and distortion pedals. It also has a clean channel which really shines through in this metal package. I have used it in only one gig so far but it held up beautifully and my backup was not used. Also for only 15 watts it holds its own against some 30 watt amps.