Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Sound Control Glasgow

I first started playing heavy metal into it, and the sounds I could get were amazing, you can't sound bad using this amp. Seriously, I'm not kidding, I first played a really awful les paul copy through it and it made it sound like the real deal. I have since started to play indie and soft rock, playing a Fender telecaster custom, the '72 original for anyone interested, and it still makes it sound amazing. I love the way you can set the distortion so that it sounds clean until you batter the strings and then the distortion comes through, as I found this hard to set up on other amps. Honestly it makes anything sound amazing.

I have been playing for a good 5/6 years now and this amp has been with me for a good chunk of it, value for money is an understatement here. It has grown with me during my development as a guitarist. Would recommend this to anyone of any skill level.

Cannot fault it here either. It is a really well made box. It can't be damaged. It's made of hard plastic and the back it enclosed meaning you can't damage the speaker. The hard metal mesh on the front also protects it well as opposed to the fabric cover some manufacturers use. I have never had this amp break down on me. Plus it is comfy to sit on when no seats are avaliable!

I bought this amp just when it was brought out, as an alternative to the Peavey rage. I can't say I regret it. The built in effects are excellent and between the four of them and the EQ and gain controls you can get any sound you want out of it, with any level of distortion or clean you want. Also I find the aux. in very useful for me to plug my ipod into and play along to! The out as well is handy for a beginner to plug his headphones into, and since I have used it as an output for recording. The only feature that I was dissapointed with was the lack of channel footswitch, especially as I was sold it with this feature, although I believe that it is the Cube 30 which has this feature. Because of this I am marking it 9.

thebrokensmile
    i've been playing for a good 10 years and i've got this amp on lay-by (it's sad isn't it considering its so cheap) because i decided i need a practise amp for my bedroom rather than always going down to my basement. i have a fuzz face pedal, digitech death metal, jimi hendrix cry baby, zoom 505, digitech hyper tube, and digitech synth wah and i'll bet they'll sound good on this amp.